Certainly, I can't be the only person that JUST bought a P2V

Re: Certainly, I can't be the only person that JUST bought a

BenDronePilot said:
SilentAV8R said:
BenDronePilot said:
Some dealers will except an exchange if returned within 30 days of purchase and its in perfect undamaged condition with all accessories. I wouldn't rush off to get a Vision Plus tho if you live anywhere near an airport do to the new flight safety "feature" that includes not putting the new firmware on your current phantom so it doesn't get crippled

Sadly my DJI authorized dealer is not one of them. The airport thing is not as onerous as it sounds. Look at page 37 of the v1.16 manual. It makes it clear what their deal is. Only two airports in my neck of the woods are affected Los Angeles International and John Wayne. It is not like every single airport will be an issue.

For me living in NYC right in the middle of two airports JFK and LaGuardia Airports. I'm about a quarter mile from the edge of the 5mile flight restriction circle for LaGuardia, as well as the local park I usually like to fly at. That's a major problem for me if I want to fly any distance away from me because I need to fly over the altitude limit imposed by the 5 mile circle even though no air traffic flys anywhere near me, for altitude to be of any concern.

Actually I think you would have to fly UNDER the outer parts of the 5-mile ring. Look at page 37 of the v.1.16 manual. It provides a bit more info on the restrictions.

SilentAV8R said:
Actually I think you would have to fly UNDER the outer parts of the 5-mile ring. Look at page 37 of the v.1.16 manual. It provides a bit more info on the restrictions.

Since where I fly is within the 5 mile ring, even tho just barely, my flight altitude limit would be locked to 400ft. Depending how far I like to fly, to maintain LOS I need to go as high as 500 feet which I wouldn't be able to do with the new firmware update. And of course, if I drive a couple of minutes south I'll be outside the ring, but loose the convenience of long distance flight around my house or the local park. I'm sticking with my current pre 3.0 firmware until this "feature" can be turned off.

BenDronePilot said:
SilentAV8R said:

Since where I fly is within the 5 mile ring, even tho just barely, my flight altitude limit would be locked to 400ft. Depending how far I like to fly, to maintain LOS I need to go as high as 500 feet which I wouldn't be able to do with the new firmware update. And of course, if I drive a couple of minutes south I'll be outside the ring, but loose the convenience of long distance flight around my house or the local park. I'm sticking with my current pre 3.0 firmware until this "feature" can be turned off.

I feel your pain ;)
The new 'feature' was released late at night UK time and the web page at first showed Liverpool airport as being cat a. This profoundly shocked me as it would rule out most of my favourite flying sites. Fortunately after an hour or two the page changed and now we are cat b which does not effect me (in fact, the no fly zone does not even cover the end of the runway !)
I also have absolutely no plans to upgrade to this slippery slope.

davebaum1 said:
pmcclain said:
Nope - I bought mine 3 weeks ago. Have emailed DJI and my dealer if there is an upgrade kit planned. No response yet

Maybe they're delaying a response in anticipation of another announcement in the coming weeks of a separate gimbal kit. I know, wishful thinking.
My P2v arrived a day before the V+ announcement and I could not believe what I was seeing,so much so I thought it was
a wind up, perhaps a mate of mine creating a spoof website or something.Alas no.The annoying thing for me is that the Vision is good and I bet the V+ is everything that the 2V should have been and is probably a superb piece of kit.If only there was a greater price difference between the two then the decision to update would have been perhaps easier to decide.As it stands it's a no brainer. The one thing DJI could do in order to soften the blow to disgruntled recent buyers is to offer the 3 axis gimble as an upgrade at least. I would be happy with that. I am waiting at present for all the dust and flack to settle before I pursue any refund. DJI must realize that they have upset a lot of their customer base and may recompense somehow.All I really want is a **** good compact 3 axis gimble the present camera I can live with.Get building lads-lets's not get mad but get even.
My two p's worth

madeinengland said:
The one thing DJI could do in order to soften the blow to disgruntled recent buyers is to offer the 3 axis gimble as an upgrade at least. I would be happy with that.

Me too!! I'd gladly pay for that, no question at all. So maybe I'll just wait and see. If not I can always add on some aftermarket gimbal, but prefer the clean integrated lines of the DJI product.

If you ordered on Amazon, you have a 30 day return policy.
I ordered my P2V hardly used on amazon about 2 months ago for $1020 and I just got the taco-rc gimbal this week.
So I'm still under the P2V+ as far as cost. I also upgraded my antenna, so I get over 2000ft FPV. But it would have been nice just to buy it at once....but on the bright side, I have 2 months of experience! :D

SilentAV8R said:
I bought mine on 3/28, nine days before the P2V+ came out. I've emailed DJI and the authorized DJI dealer where I bought it. No response, which I infer means "Tough $#!t". So Suppose I can keep my very nice $1,200 paperweight or sell it for a $700 loss. Neither option is very appealing to me. Probably go with a RP gimbal and think hard about if I want to remain a DJI customer.

If you bought it from Amazon or B&H, they have a 30 days return policy. I bought my on Mar 18 and returned my PV2 to B&H yesterday.

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11789

yawnalot29 said:
SilentAV8R said:
I bought mine on 3/28, nine days before the P2V+ came out. I've emailed DJI and the authorized DJI dealer where I bought it. No response, which I infer means "Tough $#!t". So Suppose I can keep my very nice $1,200 paperweight or sell it for a $700 loss. Neither option is very appealing to me. Probably go with a RP gimbal and think hard about if I want to remain a DJI customer.

If you bought it from Amazon or B&H, they have a 30 days return policy. I bought my on Mar 18 and returned my PV2 to B&H yesterday.

http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11789

Sadly I decided to buy from a DJI authorized dealer who happened to be close to me so I could pick it up, no shipping cost/delay. They have no such return policy that I am aware of. So far my emails to them have gone unanswered, but they may all still be at NAB. That's what I get for not using Amazon or some other re-seller. Live and learn. I'll either live with what I have or perhaps slap an aftermarket gimbal on it. Roll stabilization on the camera would be nice at least. Then, once I forget how irritated I am right now I may get whatever is going to follow the PsV+. Probably only have to wait a month or two for that.

I'm in the same boat, P2V+ realeased 9 days after I took delivery of P2V, my authorised DJI retailer has a 7 day return policy. No joy in getting a return so I'm stuck with the P2V. It's still a great piece of kit but now I'm into the minefield of looking at which gimble to get...

Stufft said:
I'm in the same boat, P2V+ realeased 9 days after I took delivery of P2V, my authorised DJI retailer has a 7 day return policy. No joy in getting a return so I'm stuck with the P2V. It's still a great piece of kit but now I'm into the minefield of looking at which gimble to get...

I'm giving serious thought to the 2D Taco gimbal. Getting the roll axis stable will be a real help. RP has too long of a waiting list.

http://www.taco-rc.com/servlet/the-36/3 ... unt/Detail

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4