Certainly, I can't be the only person that JUST bought a P2V

Reaction score
Please oh please oh please tell me that there will be an upgrade kit for those of us that just spent $1200 on a P2V? Duh, I would've waited if I knew about the P2V+. WTH am I supposed to do now? I'm seriously considering the Rotorpixel gimbal now but can't decide if I should wait to see if DJI comes out with something first. For those of you that have been DJI customers for a while now, what do you think they will do?

Re: Certainly, I can't be the only person that JUST bought a

Nope - I bought mine 3 weeks ago. Have emailed DJI and my dealer if there is an upgrade kit planned. No response yet

davebaum1 said:
For those of you that have been DJI customers for a while now, what do you think they will do?
Shaft you ;)

I maybe wrong but can't see them coming out with an upgrade kit for the old vision. If they did the cost will be high for the gimbal and camera.

Yeah, I am sorry my friend but they don't seem to be offering any form of rebate like last year for the Phantom 1s.
The Vision is still an awesome craft, and the camera differences are minimal. Just learn to fly the right way and you won't
need a Vision 2 +.

nintendrone64 said:
Yeah, I am sorry my friend but they don't seem to be offering any form of rebate like last year for the Phantom 1s.
The Vision is still an awesome craft, and the camera differences are minimal. Just learn to fly the right way and you won't
need a Vision 2 +.

lol..please show us how you fly "the right way".

I'm right there with you Dave.. got mine 10 days ago.. waiting for a reply from my dealer too.. I am seriously considering boxing mine up.. I was actually very thrilled with the P2V.. until I started seeing just how jerky the video's REALLY ARE.. no matter how "smooth" you are on the sticks, unless there is very little wind.. I want a 3D gimbal but I do not want to pay hundreds more for one (as an upgrade).. especially not now with the V+ soon to be available with it all RTF and tuned.. and with more FPV range.. $30 to ship it back and $169 more to purchase the V+... and wait a few weeks... sigh

pmcclain said:
Nope - I bought mine 3 weeks ago. Have emailed DJI and my dealer if there is an upgrade kit planned. No response yet

Maybe they're delaying a response in anticipation of another announcement in the coming weeks of a separate gimbal kit. I know, wishful thinking.

Jayson Hanes said:
I'm right there with you Dave.. got mine 10 days ago.. waiting for a reply from my dealer too.. I am seriously considering boxing mine up.. I was actually very thrilled with the P2V.. until I started seeing just how jerky the video's REALLY ARE.. no matter how "smooth" you are on the sticks, unless there is very little wind.. I want a 3D gimbal but I do not want to pay hundreds more for one (as an upgrade).. especially not now with the V+ soon to be available with it all RTF and tuned.. and with more FPV range..

I just checked my dealer's website and they have an "All Sales Final" policy. Never considered that I might want to return it. I agree 100%. The P2V is sweet but the videos are jerky. That gimbal will make all the difference in the world.

I bought mine on 3/28, nine days before the P2V+ came out. I've emailed DJI and the authorized DJI dealer where I bought it. No response, which I infer means "Tough $#!t". So Suppose I can keep my very nice $1,200 paperweight or sell it for a $700 loss. Neither option is very appealing to me. Probably go with a RP gimbal and think hard about if I want to remain a DJI customer.

Flyingeyes will most likely be getting my money next. This whole DJI experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Mine is only 2 months old. On Craigslist as we type.

SilentAV8R said:
I bought mine on 3/28, nine days before the P2V+ came out. I've emailed DJI and the authorized DJI dealer where I bought it. No response, which I infer means "Tough $#!t". So Suppose I can keep my very nice $1,200 paperweight or sell it for a $700 loss. Neither option is very appealing to me. Probably go with a RP gimbal and think hard about if I want to remain a DJI customer.

Was in the same boat, but on March 28 when the new software (version 2.0) came out I found several references to the +version in the software.
Since I took possession the same day I contacted DJI and arranged for a RMA of the unit (unopened).
My luck, it turned out to be.

Some dealers will except an exchange if returned within 30 days of purchase and its in perfect undamaged condition with all accessories. I wouldn't rush off to get a Vision Plus tho if you live anywhere near an airport do to the new flight safety "feature" that includes not putting the new firmware on your current phantom so it doesn't get crippled

Strange, dealer here said upgrade kit will be available.

Did not want my first post to be this since like many I just purchased pv2

I just got an email response from DJI support. No upgrade or trade in/discount path. Period. Thanks a lot sucker!! Now get in line for the P2V+, 2 days after you buy it the P3V++ will be released.

SilentAV8R said:
I just got an email response from DJI support. No upgrade or trade in/discount path. Period. Thanks a lot sucker!! Now get in line for the P2V+, 2 days after you buy it the P3V++ will be released.

I will never buy Drone craft from DJI INNOVATION anymore because the company concern is marketing not customer.
Waste my time !!
Please let them pump money from new comer and leave old customer behide.

I think DJI is operating a lot like a DOT.com. They are making money while they can as much as they can before the house of cards folds in on them. They know right now that demand is almost limitless, so they could not care less about customer service or retention. Plenty more where you came from. That model will work for a time, but once US and other regulations put a crimp in their market they will see the "screw the customer" attitude come back to bite them as the market shrinks again due to the regulatory burden. Won't matter, they will have already made more money than they know what to do with.

I might feel differently if I had not taken a wait and see attitude when I first saw the P2V in January. Adopt early or be screwed. Hell of a business model.

BenDronePilot said:
Some dealers will except an exchange if returned within 30 days of purchase and its in perfect undamaged condition with all accessories. I wouldn't rush off to get a Vision Plus tho if you live anywhere near an airport do to the new flight safety "feature" that includes not putting the new firmware on your current phantom so it doesn't get crippled

Sadly my DJI authorized dealer is not one of them. The airport thing is not as onerous as it sounds. Look at page 37 of the v1.16 manual. It makes it clear what their deal is. Only two airports in my neck of the woods are affected Los Angeles International and John Wayne. It is not like every single airport will be an issue.

I received this response from DJI this morning. It leaves some glimmer of hope...

"Thank you for your email. The Phantom Vision Plus just debuted today and any purchasing questions regarding the camera will be answered in the up coming weeks.

We feel that we can better assist you through our live support team.

You can reach our phone support by calling 818-235-0789. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST).
We will do our best to help you resolve this issue."

Could be worse I guess. Didn't exactly answer the question. Makes me think they might be offering some type of upgrade option or factory gimbal for the P2V.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilentAV8R said:
BenDronePilot said:

Sadly my DJI authorized dealer is not one of them. The airport thing is not as onerous as it sounds. Look at page 37 of the v1.16 manual. It makes it clear what their deal is. Only two airports in my neck of the woods are affected Los Angeles International and John Wayne. It is not like every single airport will be an issue.

For me living in NYC right in the middle of two airports JFK and LaGuardia Airports. I'm about a quarter mile from the edge of the 5mile flight restriction circle for LaGuardia, as well as the local park I usually like to fly at. That's a major problem for me if I want to fly any distance away from me because I need to fly over the altitude limit imposed by the 5 mile circle to maintain line of sight, even though no air traffic flys anywhere near me for altitude to be of any concern. I've also recently met 4 other people flying various DJI Phantom's at the park who would also be affected by the 3.0 firmware height limits.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl