central florida

I'm in Winter Haven. We should meet at an event that needs photographers and swarm it. We can post our footage on YouTube and show the world how great it is to have Drones in our lives!

In Daytona Beach. I've seen a couple at events here. Tried to talk to one guy and he just walked away! I talk to everyone that walks up to me. Ya'll come to the beach. ;)

My youtube is under Jeff Mansell.

Have some videos there.

Reactions: MedicFL1
Hello Skimmer and jjmansell,
I hope to get into quadcopters soon. I see you are from New Smyrna. I am in Port Orange. Would like to talk to you about the P2. Maybe get out with you when you take yours out. Please let me know if you'd mind.
Thanks,
Jerry

rcountfl said:
I need someone to nicely connect an iOSD mini into an existing FPV system and also connect the DJI Datalink/Bluetooth to my P2

I thought I saw somebody selling quick connect wiring harnsses for this setup (no soldering required).

Another Central Florida pilot here. I'm in Oviedo and still trying to get more flying time under my belt. I travel a lot but when I'm home, I do a lot of car shows with our group of car owners. I mostly do a lot of still photography with the car group but starting to do some Arial photography at events and my photo shoots. Have some nice spots out near Christmas/Orlando wetlands that I'm trying to setup and plan on doing some phantom work there as well.

I've got two half decent video's of events under my belt but need some more practice. Would love to do a meetup over the summer and learn some tips from more experienced pilots.

These are my practice flights in order I started
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ3-YJIh6Ds (learned a lot from this video - like aspect ratio, cutting sound, resolution......)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=All2Ve_1ADM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg1iLgedCJA

Suwaneeguy said:
Whoa!
Sounds like central Florida is Phantom central heaven.
I'm in Kissimmee too.
With so many in the area, maybe we could manage to make a monthly meet at a local field somewhere.
Or maybe a beach party?
I'd be willing to coordinate the event.

did i hear beach :D ...i'm from south daytona bch ;) . i belong to a r/c group and we have a flying field :eek: . we can do some flying on weekends afternoon :p . in the morning, its kinda busy at the field :cry: but later afternoon its all clear "old fart go home :mrgreen: ". or i can go anywhere in central florida just let me know :| .

Hey Mtpisgah, I'm in Port Orange. Haven't got got a quad yet but would like to see these things up close and flying. If you have time and don't mind, let me know when you go flying again.
Thanks, Jerry

I'm in Port St. John, just south of Titusville. I just had my Phantom 2 delivered a couple days ago. It flies great but I can't seem to get the camera to talk to the network. Can someone give me some ideas as to what to do? I've been trying for two days now and nothing. I downloaded the DJI app from iTunes and my iPhone connects to the wireless network each time, I get a green light in the bar at the top showing connection. The camera icon is not grayed out. When I press the camera icon I get "Connection to Phantom Failed."

After a weekend of frustration, I put a call through to Atlanta Hobby and a tech walked me through. There is some misleading advice in the DJI videos on YouTube. The wireless network I connected to did not have the format Phantom_1xxxx. The QR to scan for the network associated with the extender is on the bottom side of the extender. Its size is difficult for my scanner to read but with patience and a steady hand, it will. My iPhone finally connected with the camera and has worked several times today. I shot some video and some stills over the St. Johns River this afternoon. There is a great deal of spherical distortion in the stills but I found PTLens software and it fixes the distortion extremely well. The horizon was a very curved arc and PTLens allowed me to flatten it out. It works with JPEG and DNG files. The PhotoShop Lens Correction filter was not adequate to do the job.

Re: Drone spotted at Orange County standoff scene raises que

seminole360 said:

"Some drones have the capability of feeding live video that could aid a suspect and put law enforcement in danger."

But, the video from the news helicopters that is broadcast live to TVs all over Central Florida isn't a problem? :)

-- Roger

Hi to all
i'm french ang going to be on holidays in florida next week for 3 weeks, in my friends house in altamonte springs
planning to fly wih my P2V+ in new smyrna beach

or if you know safe place to fly in this area, just tell me, I appreciate

hope to meet some of you guys

hi

totof

Hi all! New Phantom 2 go pro owner with iPad GS and I live near Champion's Gate/Disney area.

My name is Alex.

Happy to be part of the community... Been an RC heli pilot but never had enough time to get past much more than nose out and nose in flying around.

LOVE my Phantom so far... Only have about 8 or so full battery flights since Saturday when FedEx delivered my bird!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj