central florida

Aww yeah! Mount Dora represent! FC40 in the house. :ugeek: Maybe we can do a meet-up this summer and exchange tips. If anyone has a Phantom with a gimble I'd love to see how it works.

I'm in Winter Garden (10 minutes from Orlando) and have a Phantom 2 Vision (Black). I'd love to have a meet out here sometime soon! Lets plan something! You can see some of my pictures and videos from my P2V on my Instagram (BrentR01), YouTube (buddwick2), Flickr (BrentR01). Hope to meet with some of you soon!

Re: central florida-Haines City

Hello, From just west of Kissimmee. I'm Buying a P2V in a week. They are back to giving a free extra battery. I'm getting it from Atlanta Hobby. I,m not far from you in Haines City. Been looking into video and audio editing. How long have you been flying and are you flying problem free? Would like meet flyers with all in area.

Hello,
I live just north of Orlando in Deltona. I work in Sanford which is where I do most of my flying. I am new to the Phantom 2 Vision but I have owned dozens of helis and quads before it. In response to karatkij about problems in flight.... I haven't had any yet. I have done a couple of jobs with it and it works beautifully. Just make sure all firmware is updated and you use nazam for IOC. Don't rely on IOC, I always fly with it off but it is nice if you loose orientation.

Byrdimaging said:
Hello,
I live just north of Orlando in Deltona. I work in Sanford which is where I do most of my flying. I am new to the Phantom 2 Vision but I have owned dozens of helis and quads before it. In response to karatkij about problems in flight.... I haven't had any yet. I have done a couple of jobs with it and it works beautifully. Just make sure all firmware is updated and you use nazam for IOC. Don't rely on IOC, I always fly with it off but it is nice if you loose orientation.

Hey there,

New Phantom 2 (Non-Vision) owner here. Just ordered mine off Amazon about an hour ago, actually - should be here Thursday. I live just north of Orlando in Winter Park and work in downtown Orlando.

I'd absolutely be down to meet up and check out the Vision. This will be my first ever experience with a Phantom, but I've been flying quads for about 10 years or so.

Looking forward to meeting the locals!

Cheers,

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

I just ordered the FC40 and looking forward to meeting any local Tampa Bay area pilots. Let's get together sometime.

I'm about 8 miles east of Eustis. New to flying (previous sailplanes) Quads. Got a nano, a Heli-max 1si, and just took delivery of a P2V. Pulled it out of the box and looked it over......HELP! I don't know where to start.. firmware update, software download, software update, xmitter channel 7 mod????? :shock:

Tampa here, I know 3 other guys with phantoms, a f550 and I'm building a tarot 690 to add to the phantom.

Reactions: Kanina
biker4648 said:
I'm about 8 miles east of Eustis. New to flying (previous sailplanes) Quads. Got a nano, a Heli-max 1si, and just took delivery of a P2V. Pulled it out of the box and looked it over......HELP! I don't know where to start.. firmware update, software download, software update, xmitter channel 7 mod????? :shock:

Biker, provided the P2V you bought has the latest version installed you won't have to do anything right away. I'm new to RC flying myself and I was overwhelmed at first also. After watching dozens of YouTube videos and studying the pdf manual while waiting for my Phantom to arrive I was able to fly it without any problems. Eventually you will want to unlock some of the advanced modes and do some calibrations which will require using the software assistant. In case you don't have this manual yet here's a link for you.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download

I strongly urge you to update to 2.0 but not 3.0 yet. If I'm not mistaking you are in the Deland area? How about a meet and greet? You may regret 3.0 if you upgrade.

Good to know there are some locals. So - are any of you guru's with a soldering iron? I need someone to nicely connect an iOSD mini into an existing FPV system and also connect the DJI Datalink/Bluetooth to my P2 (Non-Vision) - I have the parts. I have been delaying this because once I dig in I am pretty much guaranteed to mess something up. Getting a bit wiser with age perhaps.. I have been dealing with Florida UAV (Good folks BTW) in Jacksonville for things like this but the round trip drive kills a day and I am not a fan of shipping my bird. I will pay cash for the work and you can take the time needed because honestly I just don't want to learn how to solder at this point. Yes, It's inevitable but at this point I have too many irons in the fire to learn how to do things correctly. I am also considering upgrading the motors, while the cap is off as well - so if your interested PM me please.

Live in Oviedo, Work in Sanford and fly most on the west coast (Citrus County) area.

I work in Sanford as well. I have not looked into any of the upgrades you are doing but I can solder and I have a full electronics lab to use at work. Send me a PM if you want to get together.

Whoa!
Sounds like central Florida is Phantom central heaven.
I'm in Kissimmee too.
With so many in the area, maybe we could manage to make a monthly meet at a local field somewhere.
Or maybe a beach party?
I'd be willing to coordinate the event.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj