Can't upgrade P3 Pro Controller

Reaction score
I just upgraded my phantom 3 pro firmware with P3X_FW_V01.01.0006 and the logged file said success. But when i upgrade the remote it just won't do the update, the red led stays red and after wait few mins it keep on the red led and do long D____ D____ D____

After i checked the DJI web, apparently there is new firmware P3X_FW_V01.01.0008 and i just download and upgrade my P3 Pro first with success again. But when i upgraded the remote it won't upgrade firmware.

So i connected the remote with DJI App plus turn on both P3 Pro and Remote, i got warning that i need to update both aircraft and remote. Any body experience something similar?

Log file from V01.01.0006:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0006.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2015.05.08 21:22:58 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0006.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Try putting it on a thumbdrive and upgrading the remote separately.

I just format my thumb drive and copy P3X_FW_V01.01.0008 and it updating now! I dont know whats going on but hope this post will help someone who have similar problem

Reactions: skyhighdiver
I just format my thumb drive and copy P3X_FW_V01.01.0008 and it updating now! I dont know whats going on but hope this post will help someone who have similar problem
Seems as if you use the thumb drive just copy the pxe file to the drive not the whole folder and text file and then it works fine

Could you help me to identify which is the correct format for the thumb drive and micro sd card? Thanks!

I have tried to format both FAT32 & ExFAT but neither seem to be working. It didn't show Fail in text file, the text was more like "Abort. File is old or identical" like member njet212 has mentioned before. By the way, is my P3P the second batch so that they have already installed v01.01.0008? I have onlye received it this morning and I am based in Sydney, Australia. One more piece of information, DJI Pilot app on both my iPad and Samsung phone are working flawlessly, the firmware information is also latest. So, basically no need for update out of the box for iOS to work with P3P? As I have gathered information, it says the update is required to use DJI Pilot with iOS. Well, maybe not for my case? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks !!!

Thank you! It is a relieve to know. So I assume that my P3P should be the second or third batch shipping with included with v01.01.0008 update?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav