Can't take off level- drone tips over

That's t was just what I was thinking.... a hand launch, and get an idea of which way it's pulling before releasing it... thanks!!

That's t was just what I was thinking.... a hand launch, and get an idea of which way it's pulling before releasing it... thanks!!

Don't do that either. Until the aircraft is freely airborne the FC is just going to be confused by the external forces acting on it. You are vastly overcomplicating this.

Reactions: FTL900
OK, batteries fully charged. I tried 2 take-off attempts from the ground- the first with VPS turned off and the second with VPS turned on. Same results, a very shiny weedeater.

ONE ODD THING I noticed. With the drone on the ground and props spinning, 10 satellites, the TAKE OFF button wasn't there. Only the LAND and RTH buttons were available.
I noticed this on both flight attempts- as soon as I start the props spinning, only LAND and RTH buttons are available.

On the first flight, it read that it was 6 or 7 feet off the ground while still sitting in the grass. On the second flight with VPS on, it showed 0 elevation.
I'll have someone shoot video as soon as I have someone available, but basically it just tips over backwards when I try to take off.

Latest DAT file:
FLY093.DAT

Last edited:
OK - looks like my guess was completely wrong. That shows a proper take off attempt that failed:

Graph1_1.png

You seem to have a bad left back motor or ESC:

Graph5.png

My full-throttle take off advice still stands, however.

Reactions: BudWalker
I really appreciate your help and advice. My normal takeoff mode is full up to get clear of the earth as quickly as possible.
So it's time for me to learn about assembly/disassembly of the P4P.

Is there any way to tel if it's a bad motor or the ESC? With my luck, whichever I replace first will be the wrong one. Schrodinger's cat and all.

OK - looks like my guess was completely wrong. That shows a proper take off attempt that failed:

View attachment 109518You seem to have a bad left back motor or ESC:
My full-throttle take off advice still stands, however.

A new CCW motor will be arriving today. Fingers crossed. What are you using to view that data? That's a lot more information than I was seeing in the other app.

FTL900
Just fishing for info here .
Have you recalibrated the IMU and do you know for a fact that the surface used to calibrate on is as close to perfectly level as possible ?
No attempt to insult , it is just very easy to overlook these details .
I only ask this due to the fact that you stated the unit flew level for up to 12-18 inches .
That tells me that the motors and wiring are correct .
Another area to check is joystick endpoints .
Access the joystick calibration menu in the dji 4 go app .
Before calibrating , look and see if the left pitch value is centered while at rest .
Whether or not the pitch control is centered , go ahead and recalibrate the joystick end points while the menu is open .
May not correct the issue , but it cannot hurt .
Just some areas to consider .

After it gets it the air with full throttle five feet or so then let go of throttle it should go to half way point and Hoover! When I tried to take off slowly it flopped over every time!
Good luck..

ESC of one of the engines could be the problem too, my p2 was flipping over frequently, sometime it was ok, sometime it flipped in the air making complete roll, if there was enough height it would continue to fly, if it was too low then it crashed, after one serious crash it begin to flip constanty, could not take off at all, since I had no flight data (p2) by my ear I figured that speed of one motor is not the same as the others, bought "new" esc and motor and thats it, its quite ok now.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic