Can't swich from 5G to 2,4G anymore

Yeah, dji service said also Ghz doesnt have anything with distance for the drone itself. Mode is whats important. Bcs i live in europe, automaticly is on CE mode, so id doesnt give me oportunity to go further. Maybe someday it will come program so i can set it to fcc... hope it will come soon :D

Yeah, dji service said also Ghz doesnt have anything with distance for the drone itself. Mode is whats important. Bcs i live in europe, automaticly is on CE mode, so id doesnt give me oportunity to go further. Maybe someday it will come program so i can set it to fcc... hope it will come soon :D
You CAN switch to FCC in Europe. Just do a little search in this forum and follow the instructions. And yes- 2.4ghz does give you better performance.

I didnt find any good solution. Bcs someone is telling to download fake gps app,and etc etc. Didnt find anything else

Distance problem and 2,4 Ghz mode - they do not have much to do with each other.
If you fly in CE mode, wich is the radio emitting standard in Europe - and P3SE force it automatically, you can't fly much more than 500 meters. This is my experience, and this is written in specification from DJI as well.

Switching betwheen 2,4GHz and 5GHz has not to much influence on the range. At least in many cases when people do test on same place with same aircraft the distance was nearly the same whit this two frequency

But can not tell my own experience, because I can not switch to 2,4 GHz either. I use android.

I'm sorry to tell you ti's wrong!
I don't know if there is a reason connected to waves forms and frequencies or if it's just a matter of how many other waves in the same frequency can interfere but sure frequency do count in distance range!
People with IOS cna still switch from 5ghz to 2.4 and they can go over 1000 meters in CE mode.
I also can tell I did not know if my SE was in fcc or ce mode when I did my first flights, but I remember I used the 2.4ghz frequency and I could fly 1000m with no problems in a place near my home.
Well, I got back there today with the SE in FCC mode and I've been able to fly 1200m and still had full signal!
That should lead to the conclusion that 2.4 ghz granted me 1000m, still much less than fcc but difference is huge! ;)

FYI ;)
The primary difference between the 2.4 GHz and 5GHzwireless frequencies is range as the 2.4GHz frequency is able to reach farther than the 5GHz frequency. This is a result of the basic characteristics that waves attenuate much faster at higher frequencies.

I'm sorry to tell you ti's wrong!
I don't know if there is a reason connected to waves forms and frequencies or if it's just a matter of how many other waves in the same frequency can interfere but sure frequency do count in distance range!
People with IOS cna still switch from 5ghz to 2.4 and they can go over 1000 meters in CE mode.
I also can tell I did not know if my SE was in fcc or ce mode when I did my first flights, but I remember I used the 2.4ghz frequency and I could fly 1000m with no problems in a place near my home.
Well, I got back there today with the SE in FCC mode and I've been able to fly 1200m and still had full signal!
That should lead to the conclusion that 2.4 ghz granted me 1000m, still much less than fcc but difference is huge! ;)
I don't know. I never fund an evidence, that 2.4 GHz would be better for SE as 5 GHz. Can possible in CE mode, but who cares CE mode? :)

You can find correct tests from Nelson Lee on YouTube. In FCC mode in urban area hi got better results with 5GHz as with 2,4.

Nelson Lee's range test results:
2.4 GHz stock antenna 2026 meters
5 GHz stock antenna 2361 meters

2.4 GHz Argtec antenna 2284 meters
5 GHz Argtec antenna 2925 meters

I don't know. I never fund an evidence, that 2.4 GHz would be better for SE as 5 GHz. Can possible in CE mode, but who cares CE mode? :)

You can find correct tests from Nelson Lee on YouTube. In FCC mode in urban area hi got better results with 5GHz as with 2,4.

Nelson Lee's range test results:
2.4 GHz stock antenna 2026 meters
5 GHz stock antenna 2361 meters

2.4 GHz Argtec antenna 2284 meters
5 GHz Argtec antenna 2925 meters

If there is lot of interference on the 2.4ghz frequency range, it`s possible, as the 5ghz is much less used. Where i live (Urban area) i get only my RC if it`s switched to 5ghz frequency through DJI APP. At the same time i get maybe 15 devices on the 2.4ghz range. Do open space long range test away from the urban area and you will see the difference.

If there is lot of interference on the 2.4ghz frequency range, it`s possible, as the 5ghz is much less used. Where i live (Urban area) i get only my RC if it`s switched to 5ghz frequency through DJI APP. At the same time i get maybe 15 devices on the 2.4ghz range. Do open space long range test away from the urban area and you will see the difference.
It is not important to me. Where i live i would have to travel 100 kms to find a 3 km area without wifi interference. 5 GHz is much better for me

Hei Guys,

I fly in Germany with my DJI Phantom 3 SE. I have had no issues by flying more than a Kilometer with good signal on 2,4G channel mode. Since the New Firmware arrived the copter swiched automatically in the 5G channel mode. With this I can go a max range of 250 meters with Bad signal an then the drone returns to home. If I want to swich the channel from 5G to 2,4G and select a channel 'the Wifi has to restart' but I can wait for half an hour and nothing happens. If I turn the drone off and on it automatically swiches back to 5G.
Has anybody an advice hoe to get back in 2,4G channel mode?

Thank you for your help!

See post #7 and post #29 in the below thread for the fix - thanks to member StoyanK.

2.4ghz in android no longer working after latest firmware

Edit: Also posts 8 & 10 in this thread!

Reactions: Psycho Andy
See post #7 and post #29 in the below thread for the fix - thanks to member StoyanK.

This solution would be firmware version 1.3.20 and app vervion 3.1.22

But many user already confirmed, that after installing once the newest firmware the downgrade doesn't help anymore.

So the solution is only for few lucky mans.
The real answer for the problem on android devices is not known yet

This solution would be firmware version 1.3.20 and app vervion 3.1.22

But many user already confirmed, that after installing once the newest firmware the downgrade doesn't help anymore.

So the solution is only for few lucky mans.
The real answer for the problem on android devices is not known yet
I downgraded from the latest .40 FW and had no problem switching between 2.4 and 5ghz. Either way you won't be able to fly more than 300m. with a stable video feed, so switch back to FCC. There is a instruction here on this forum on how to do that. You will get almost the same range while you fly in CE mode, no mater if you use 2.4 or 5ghz band.

I did not noticed that!
Thanks for making me see the difference: I'll have to check it but stoyank says he used a firmware named T_..... and that is the RUSSIAN modified firmware it may be the reason why he could be back using 2.4ghz, but I'm not 100% sure!
I used to reach 1000 meters in CE mode just switching frequency before firmware update, now using fcc it can do better and reach 1400 meters, that's why I'm not sure mine have ever been in fcc before.
I'll check and see if it's just that but I think with the 1.5.40 firmware update it was updated something in the controller too.
I'll give it a try and let you know! ;)
Anyway, actually the best thing to make the SE fully usable is to fallow the procedures here: P3 SE - solution to switching between FCC and CE mode, I used both, and it works for sure!

I did not noticed that!
Thanks for making me see the difference: I'll have to check it but stoyank says he used a firmware named T_..... and that is the RUSSIAN modified firmware it may be the reason why he could be back using 2.4ghz, but I'm not 100% sure!
I used to reach 1000 meters in CE mode just switching frequency before firmware update, now using fcc it can do better and reach 1400 meters, that's why I'm not sure mine have ever been in fcc before.
I'll check and see if it's just that but I think with the 1.5.40 firmware update it was updated something in the controller too.
I'll give it a try and let you know! ;)
Anyway, actually the best thing to make the SE fully usable is to fallow the procedures here: P3 SE - solution to switching between FCC and CE mode, I used both, and it works for sure!

Andy, did you allready try this option to 3.1.8:

DJI Configs Files

Theoretically it should be possible to increase the power. For this you have to add the file: "FCC - 0.4W / 2.4-2.475ghz". That is the frequency on which the P3SE works.

I have modified my iPad with this modification, but unfortunately it is bad weather. So it is not possible to try it at this time.

DJI Configs Files

Theoretically it should be possible to increase the power. For this you have to add the file: "FCC - 0.4W / 2.4-2.475ghz". That is the frequency on which the P3SE works.

I have modified my iPad with this modification, but unfortunately it is bad weather. So it is not possible to try it at this time.
I am curious about that mod as well......but with 3.1.8 version there is NO option to switch to 2.4ghz range The only way to try it would be to install latest DJI GO app or at least 3.1.22 and then do this mod, coz then you can choose the frequency. Maybe you should use FW version 1.3.20 for the bird as we know it works fof switching between 2.4 and 5ghz.

I am curious about that mod as well......but with 3.1.8 version there is NO option to switch to 2.4ghz range The only way to try it would be to install latest DJI GO app or at least 3.1.22 and then do this mod, coz then you can choose the frequency. Maybe you should use FW version 1.3.20 for the bird as we know it works fof switching between 2.4 and 5ghz.
Sorry, I think there is a little miscommunication. I use firmware 1.3.20.

Sorry, I think there is a little miscommunication. I use firmware 1.3.20.
The reason i mentioned 3.1.8 version was, because more and more people are using it in order to keep the FCC after they switch to it with newer one and there is no option to choose the frequencies.

DJI Configs Files

Nope!
Haven't checked yet, the fcc mode is working fine for me, so I did not feel the urge to try!
BTW I did not have the time to check as I wanted to take advantage of good weather to fly in the few fre hours I've had! lol!
There's only one thing that keeps me a bit from pushing too much on antenna's power: switching back to fcc already gave them a boost and I'm not sure if it influenced the controller's battery or if it's just the cold weather, but it seems to last a bit lees than before to me, just a little.
BTW if I have time to check before/after config files in the same place I'll let you know what I experienced! ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik