Can't swich from 5G to 2,4G anymore

Reaction score
Hei Guys,

I fly in Germany with my DJI Phantom 3 SE. I have had no issues by flying more than a Kilometer with good signal on 2,4G channel mode. Since the New Firmware arrived the copter swiched automatically in the 5G channel mode. With this I can go a max range of 250 meters with Bad signal an then the drone returns to home. If I want to swich the channel from 5G to 2,4G and select a channel 'the Wifi has to restart' but I can wait for half an hour and nothing happens. If I turn the drone off and on it automatically swiches back to 5G.
Has anybody an advice hoe to get back in 2,4G channel mode?

Thank you for your help!

The SE is an unusual Phantom - there is no other Phantom quite like it.

The SE pilots in Europe claim that 5G is the default. They also claim that the freq between the controller and the mobile device is the opposite freq meaning 2.4 g would be the default for that connection. They also complain bitterly that 500 meters is the most they can get.

So if you choose 2.4 ghz in the wifi section of your Go app, your mobile device will need to receive 5 ghz wifi.

Maybe your problem is your mobile device is not set to receive 5 ghz wifi? Check the settings.

You also might read some of the threads in this SE forum.

Good luck.

Reactions: pep56
situation01.jpg

So, if you want to change the above situation, then you need to install an app on your phone / tablet that will prefer to connect to 5GHz Wifi networks instead of 2.4GHz networks. Before that I found an Android app: Wifi 5 Or is my idea too simple now?
situation02.jpg

View attachment 92004

So, if you want to change the above situation, then you need to install an app on your phone / tablet that will prefer to connect to 5GHz Wifi networks instead of 2.4GHz networks. Before that I found an Android app: Wifi 5 Or is my idea too simple now?
View attachment 92005
That could be a solution. Is there an app that shows the signal from the remote control to the drone?

I am in France and I have exactly the same problem. Have you found a solution?

It seems a lot of P3 SE owners are having this problem. It seems to be a firmware bug.
I have no problem switching between 2.4 and 5ghz. I can even pick a channel. When you start the RC the connection is handled over 5ghz by default. After that a can switch back and forward between the frequencies. If a choose 2.4ghz and do not switch the RC it stays in that frequency, but if i restart the RC i goes back to 5ghz. I live in Europe.
my setup:
Android 6.01
DJI GO 3.1.22
AC firmware is .20 (Downgraded from latest .40)

Reactions: Psycho Andy
It seems this issue is common since the latest updates BUT only with andorid devices!
The fact is that using 2.4Ghz signal is much stronger, at least here in Italy, allowing over 1000 meters.
I was able to do that before the upgradi, 1100 meters before fpv loss.
I'll try downgrading again to 1.3.20 firmware and see if it works for me too!

I tryed with the firmware 1.3.20 and app 3.1.22, still can't switch to 2.4 ghz, mi M3 tablet and p8 phone can't see it! :/

Very disappointing that..... DJI advertise the long range of the SE as one of their top selling points....Come On DJI how about getting this sorted...... I also fly the SE in Ireland and dont think I will be updating any time soon.

I am in France and I have the same problem can't switch to 2.4 ghz I have the latest firmware. But I think it's only with android stuff !!! When I use a ipad I can flip to 2.4ghz and with android it' impossible. I think it' not the firmare. The problem come probably from the app djigo. I hope the problem is going to be solved. I hope someone will find a solution and send it to us about the problem on Android

Im from montenegro. And i have p3 se, and i can't go more than 500m, and above 100m and it swys im using 2g, and cant switch it. And btw im flying on the shore,so no diaturbance on signal

Last edited:
Im from montenegro. And i have p3 se, and i can go more than 500m, and above 100m and it swys im using 2g, and cant switch it. And btw im flying on the shore,so no diaturbance on signal
I think I have the same situation, more than 500 meters, maximum high of 500 meters but... I can't change the frequency.

Distance problem and 2,4 Ghz mode - they do not have much to do with each other.
If you fly in CE mode, wich is the radio emitting standard in Europe - and P3SE force it automatically, you can't fly much more than 500 meters. This is my experience, and this is written in specification from DJI as well.

Switching betwheen 2,4GHz and 5GHz has not to much influence on the range. At least in many cases when people do test on same place with same aircraft the distance was nearly the same whit this two frequency

But can not tell my own experience, because I can not switch to 2,4 GHz either. I use android.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4