Can't downgrade my P3s

Reaction score
Hi everyone, im new with phantom's and this is my first post.

I found a few post claming that they could downgrade from the latest fw 1.9.20+

I spent most of my free time yesterday doing the fw by fw with no luck, any advice or help much appreciated, my goal was to take it 1.5.7 to use papa magic v5.

Try going to msinger's site ' Phantomhelp.com'. Select the P3S from the top and scroll down to the 'firmware' section. There you will find many tutorials concerning this downgrade, including a video.

Both of my P3S's are on oldie-but-goodie 1.5.70..........and that's where they are staying. No issues at all, and none of that GeoFencing nonsense. It's worth the effort.

@err0r
Welcome to the forum!

If it working like its says on the box, I wouldn't mess with it. ;)

Is there something wrong with your Phantom?

Rod

Reactions: err0r
Thanks, not really, just was thinking in some software upgrade for it, 1.5.7 on AC and 1.6 on RC i read is top notch out there for P3s

To me,
Top notch is a P3S that works like it should. ;)

Rod

My p3s wont go too far out without lagging on video and low control signal, gets red after a few hundreds out from me

As I said in post #2, both my P3S 's are on the same 1.5.70 firmware, and my GoApp is 3.0.0. My stock bird's signal drops out at about 5000' feet out, conditions permitting.

My other P3S uses an Itelite DBS on the R/C that greatly increases range and signal. Took it to 16,640' feet out a few days ago.......but that is at the max recommended 400' feet altitude. But, that was wide open spaces with no other interference.

The stock r/c on the P3S is really the weakest link in the performance of this Phantom, using a very weak and temperamental wi-fi signal.

As @RodPad noted above, there are many threads on the subject. You may need to research which solution would best suit your needs.

As I said in post #2, both my P3S 's are on the same 1.5.70 firmware, and my GoApp is 3.0.0. My stock bird's signal drops out at about 5000' feet out, conditions permitting.

My other P3S uses an Itelite DBS on the R/C that greatly increases range and signal. Took it to 16,640' feet out a few days ago.......but that is at the max recommended 400' feet altitude. But, that was wide open spaces with no other interference.

The stock r/c on the P3S is really the weakest link in the performance of this Phantom, using a very weak and temperamental wi-fi signal.

As @RodPad noted above, there are many threads on the subject. You may need to research which solution would best suit your needs.

Im fully stock with 1.9.20+ and cant make it fine not even to 300ft around me, i can go forward only to next block from me and feed twitches a bit, and control gives few red blinks kind of weak signal

Sounds like you are in a high concentration of conflicting wifi signals from other sources. Can you test it in an open area like farmland or fields? Also try more altitude. If I am only 100-200 up I get interference also. Gotta get higher away from the electronic 'noise'.

Sounds like you are in a high concentration of conflicting wifi signals from other sources. Can you test it in an open area like farmland or fields? Also try more altitude. If I am only 100-200 up I get interference also. Gotta get higher away from the electronic 'noise'.

Im not close to those type of areas, but i will try with a higher altitude. I was really looking forward for 1.5 and papa's magic lol

"i can go forward only to next block from me"
Sounds like a neighborhood :).

If it doesn't work like it should in clean air, return if you still can.

Androids have an app called WiFi analyzer by farproc, shows you how busy your area is.

Rod

"i can go forward only to next block from me"
Sounds like a neighborhood :).

If it doesn't work like it should in clean air, return if you still can.

Androids have an app called WiFi analyzer by farproc, shows you how busy your area is.

Rod

looks very busy lol on 2.4 , 5.8 not bad

Finally got something done, in stock with 1.9.20+ i used icarus and did the 27db option and today i made it to 750ft high and about 700ft away with stock antenna with almost no video feed lag on this windy day, cant wait till monday for my argtek kit

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl