can't connect to the internet

Reaction score
I can connect to the Phantom WIFI but it says I am not connected to the internet. When I open the DJI app I can operate the aircraft etc but I cant take a photo, the button on the iPhone is not activated i.e. I cant press the shutter. How do I fix this?

I can connect to the Phantom WIFI but it says I am not connected to the internet. When I open the DJI app I can operate the aircraft etc but I cant take a photo, the button on the iPhone is not activated i.e. I cant press the shutter. How do I fix this?
Assuming you have registered the PS3 via the internet (one time only when purchased new) and are using dji go app (not the version for later phantoms), you should be good to go. The PS3 password is 12341234 on your device on your WiFi list you don’t need the internet to fly as it uses it’s own generated WiFi to control the drone. Also make sure you are not running any other apps in the background when using dji go as that can create issues as well.

Reactions: Montanadrone
I can connect to the Phantom WIFI but it says I am not connected to the internet.
That's just a notification and is quite normal.
There is no need to connect to the internet and it's just your phone advising that there is no internet available on that connection.

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe that's not my problem I am trying to work out why I can't take a photo and assumed it may have been related to the internet connection. I've successfully operated the drone before but now when I open the DJI app, the shutter button is not activated. I.e I can't press the white shutter button and take a photo.

Is a memory card inserted/ formatted? You don’t need the internet to fly but I do connect to my phones hotspot to get the maps

Reactions: fiona
An inserted SD card compatible to the Phantom´s cam is needed for take photos or make clips. But internet connection is not required for fly the copter and take photos. The app only needs the right settings... and the bird connected to the phone or tab.

Thanks PeterX, I can see now that the SD card has been inserted incorrectly and it is a bit crooked and that's what the problem is, the new problem is that I cant get the card out!!!

Is a memory card inserted/ formatted? You don’t need the internet to fly but I do connect to my phones hotspot to get the maps
Thanks Fat Albet, I see that's my problem, the card wasn't inserted properly, now I have to get card out!

Fiona, don't make the same mistake I made when I inserted the memory card upside down in a GoPro camera a few years ago. I used a tweezers to grab the edge to remove it which did work but also ruined the memory card. When putting the memory card into the Phantom the correct way it did seem upside down to me at first. Hopefully you have it out, reinserted properly and are taking pictures.

Hi Rod
I eventually got the card out, I had to pull very hard with tweezers. Unfortunately I think I've damaged something inside as now I get the message 'no image transmission ' . I've been on the DJI site and was advised to reinstall the App and clear my flight log. I did all this but nothing helped. I think I'll have to send it to DJI , I'm waiting on a reply from them.

Reactions: RodPad
Hum, I'm ready to hit the bed, no image transmission?
Did you try another card?
I'm sure you don't need a card for live image.
Does the app tell you the SD card status.

Search this Forum!

Rod

Last edited:
Hum, I'm ready to hit the bed, no image transmission?
Did you try another card?
I'm sure you don't need a card for live image.
Dose the app tell you the SD card status.

Search this Forum!

Rod
Yes, I put a new SD card in as the other one was damaged.

Does the app tell you the SD card status or anything from the Phantom. Battery levels, etc.

Rod

Yes, everything works except there is no image, I am posting it to DJI which is tedious, expensive and time consuming but I'm hoping to get it fixed by Christmas!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers