Cannot fly further than 50 m although limit is set to 250m

Reaction score
Hi , I 'm facing a very strange situation . My P3ADV cannot fly further than 50m distance and 30 high . Reaching these limits there is a warning about maximun flight distance and maximum altitude .
Biginner mode is off and limits are set at 250m distance and 120 m altitude . Nothing changes if I fly in ATTI mode . Any ideas what is wrong ?

Last edited:
Did you update software, and if so did you go online and reregister? The latest software limits both distance and height until you do. Check out the many post on the forum that discuss this.

It's shame on the part of dji software engineers that

1. they do not display a message with clear reasons for limited range to users

2. and UI doesn't reflect the restricted values

It's not enough to issue a release note saying unless one signs off there would be restrictions on distance and altitudes. Good engineered SW should be user friendly and should clearly display the reasons for the restrictions to help a user quickly resolve the issue.

It's shame on the part of dji software engineers that

1. they do not display a message with clear reasons for limited range to users

2. and UI doesn't reflect the restricted values

It's not enough to issue a release note saying unless one signs off there would be restrictions on distance and altitudes. Good engineered SW should be user friendly and should clearly display the reasons for the restrictions to help a user quickly resolve the issue.
I agree Alok. Even though we've discussed it ad nauseam here and on other forums since it was announced in May, many people dont read the release notes or forums. Granted everyone should at least read and understand release notes, but a simple splash screen would help a great deal.

Reactions: alokbhargava
How do you register the software
You just need to log into the DJI GO app in a location where you have an Internet connection. If you're logged out, DJI GO should prompt you to login like this:

DJI-GO-Login-Prompt.jpg

If you're already logged in, then try logging out and back in again. You can log out of DJI GO from here:

DJI-GO-Login-How-To-Logout.jpg

If that does not resolve the issue, then uninstall DJI GO and install the current version.

Here's a detailed video that explains these changes:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Once I met an Apple sales and marketing manager and asked him: how do you expect one to read iPhone user manual as the print is so light and faded and fonts are so small? His simple answer to me was that you hardly need to refer to a manual as product is so intuitive and user friendly. It's a formality to add a user manual to the bundle.

Reactions: Digdat0 and jlrsn
Once I met an Apple sales and marketing manager and asked him: how do you expect one to read iPhone user manual as the print is so light and faded and fonts are so small? His simple answer to me was that you hardly need to refer to a manual as product is so intuitive and user friendly. It's a formality to add a user manual to the bundle.

Don't you love it? For years you see over and over and over again "...RTFM..." and now the "experts" are telling us we really don't need a manual. Guess that's where DJI got their clue. I helped some people put together and "...how to..." guide for the tablet app (ultimately the DJI GO app) because there was initially no manual at all. Needless to say, the original menu structure was somewhat less than intuitive.

Don't you love it? For years you see over and over and over again "...RTFM..." and now the "experts" are telling us we really don't need a manual. Guess that's where DJI got their clue. I helped some people put together and "...how to..." guide for the tablet app (ultimately the DJI GO app) because there was initially no manual at all. Needless to say, the original menu structure was somewhat less than intuitive.

We don't need manual is the product is very intuitive, dji is far away from that stage. :)

We don't need manual is the product is very intuitive, . :)

You mean, you mean .. I have spent the past 4 months looking for the Phantom Pilots Hand Book ... and it doesn't exist. :confounded:
Someone might have told me! I (almost) always RTFM and never waste other people's time! :tongueout:

TBH, my only source of reliable information regarding all things Phantom has been the PP forum. Otherwise I would be sitting looking at a set of cracked, crippled FW updated book-ends. Bad enough that I do have three sets of stress cracks but at least I have had a couple of pointers from reading the topics and can at least keep my lightly used (6 hours total flying time) P3Pro and P3/4k and do my own flexi epoxy repairs. I'll try and make a video when I do. I found another 2 part flexible epoxy quoted as suitable for plastic repairs. I'll see how it goes.

I don't suppose that DJI would supply me 2 body shells under (6&11 month) warranties to complete the swaps myself. I'm technically skilled (Telecomms Tech) enough to do the change overs. :smile:

You mean, you mean .. I have spent the past 4 months looking for the Phantom Pilots Hand Book ... and it doesn't exist. :confounded:
Someone might have told me! I (almost) always RTFM and never waste other people's time! :tongueout:

TBH, my only source of reliable information regarding all things Phantom has been the PP forum. Otherwise I would be sitting looking at a set of cracked, crippled FW updated book-ends. Bad enough that I do have three sets of stress cracks but at least I have had a couple of pointers from reading the topics and can at least keep my lightly used (6 hours total flying time) P3Pro and P3/4k and do my own flexi epoxy repairs. I'll try and make a video when I do. I found another 2 part flexible epoxy quoted as suitable for plastic repairs. I'll see how it goes.

I don't suppose that DJI would supply me 2 body shells under (6&11 month) warranties to complete the swaps myself. I'm technically skilled (Telecomms Tech) enough to do the change overs. :smile:

I almost never use the DJI GO app (mostly use Litchi) but I do need the GO app for a couple of odds and ends (like calibrating the IMU), so I don't really need a true manual for that app. The user manual I have is for the P3P and if there's an actual manual for the DJI GO app, I'm not very aware of it. Most of what I wanted to know, I found out via YouTube. I used several tutorials and the help info for Litchi - resulted in some pretty good documentation.

I had the limit issue, I had to log out and back in to the app whilst the quad was connected and powered on to clear the limits. Seems that being logged in to start with doesn't always work, that was on iOS, with my Android device I had to uninstall the app and reinstall it to get it working

Reactions: JoBe
I had the limit issue, I had to log out and back in to the app whilst the quad was connected and powered on to clear the limits. Seems that being logged in to start with doesn't always work, that was on iOS, with my Android device I had to uninstall the app and reinstall it to get it working

If that ever happens to my car, I wonder where the app is that I need to uninstall and reinstall? LOL

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31