Can we disable that terribly loud startup melody?

Reaction score
You know, you power on the bird and it goes BLOOP BLOOP BEEP really loud like 500 decibels loud...can we either turn that darn thing down a notch or off altogether? Messes with my stealth flights LOL.

Reactions: Kevin Jamison
My dogs go wild when they hear that sound :D

Reactions: Kevin Jamison
I always do mine in the garage then open the door then walk out to the curb or do it on the inside of my vehicle. I am not fond of it. It's the ESCs, I believe, making the noise.

It's sort of the ESCs I guess you could say but actually the motors are acting as the transducer(s).

Reactions: louforgiveno
The start up tones are crazy loud, I agree. I would love to lower the volume.

I would also love to add some sort of tone to indicate the completion of a firmware update. It's so silly to have to listen for "D--DD" instead of a tone. We know they can do it since the last firmware update played the tones a couple of time during installation. How hard would it be to play a tone at completion?

Reactions: JoBe
That's a good idea - I always have trouble telling when it is my cel ringing. My border collie thinks my drones are the best thing ever to chase, and always comes running when she hears the tone. Maybe this will get her out of that habit.

Ooooooooooo!!!!!! A secret society!! I like it!! Can we have a secret handshake and a decoder ring?!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, we can go BLOOP BLOOP BEEP and then do spirit fingers in the air.

image.jpg

It's when you don't hear the melody that you need to be concerned. The sound is to let you know checks are approved and it's ready to go.

It's when you don't hear the melody that you need to be concerned. The sound is to let you know checks are approved and it's ready to go.
Of course. And they're mind-bogglingly loud for absolutely no reason. Happy to have them, but not happy to literally wake up my children when testing stuff inside at night. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.