Can the P4 make an audible signal to aid recovery?

That sounds like a good idea which could be implemented several ways. I had a drone crash at the edge of a forest in tall brush. It took me a solid hour to find it and that was by luck.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Exactly my situation. It seemed, at the time, so obviously a useful feature that I was sure I must be missing something.

The bird already has a speaker and can make a variety of sounds, and I have a radio connection to control it. Seems like a no-brainer.

Exactly my situation. It seemed, at the time, so obviously a useful feature that I was sure I must be missing something.

The bird already has a speaker and can make a variety of sounds, and I have a radio connection to control it. Seems like a no-brainer.

Have you confirmed the presence of a speaker???
Previous versions use the motors as transducers. As I do not own a P4 I can only infer they use the motors as well.

Ah, ok - not precisely a "speaker" (not sure) but it can generate audible tones loud enough to solve the problem of a lost bird in a jungle canopy. For this purpose, that's what's relevant.

Just gimme a button on the app to start an audible beacon tone.

image.jpeg
Tile is something I've thought of using on my manual quads. Not a bad idea. Marco-polo appears rather large and ugly
The RC Marco Polo tracker is tiny and has a 2 mile range. The receiver chirps as it gets closer, and points in the direction of the tracker. The receiver can be turned on its side in case of a tree landing.;)

The tile looks like a good inexpensive solution. I gather the tile being on top of the quad does not affect the gps receiver.

I had Tiles on my 2 dogs collars as they are wanderers. I was not impressed with the range or the volume of the tone. If there is brush or woods between you and the tile, it's only good for about 30'. I am going with the Trackimo for my P4 as it is not permanent and I can also use it on my motorcycles in case of theft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31