Can Phantom 3 Std Be Calibrated Without Controller?

Check repair prices before you send it off.
Is there a drone/model-aircraft club or drone flyers near your where people might pair their P3S controller with your drone etc. or who (long shot) might be prepared to let you or themselves swap bits from the gimbal/camera to find out what is wonky?
I fixed a wonky P3Adv camera/gimbal via swapping bits, fortunately it was the first item I swapped, the top board. They are not that hard to dismantle but you MUST be careful with the ribbon cables as they are often stuck down in the most unexpected places, I used matchsticks etc. to prise/peel, tiny bit by tiny bit, the ribbon cable off double sided tape and, on the top board, the sticky pads.
It is perhaps a good idea to put waxed paper etc. on the exposed adhesive until you wish to stick the cable down again. You needn't stick everything down for a trial. I might have used the cleaned inner surface of a Mars bar wrapper etc. as, from memory, that is what I had to hand and it is more flexible than waxed paper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Update: it's fixed!!!!:D:D

See the attached short video. It powers up and calibrates correctly. After closer inspection, I found the ribbon cable was detached at the camera. It was kind of in place, giving the illusion of being attached, but it wasn't. Near the end of the attached video, I point to it with my screwdriver, so you know what I'm talking about.

Now, I'm going to buy a controller and get this thing airborne!

Attachments

• IMG_3004_x264.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 92
Congratulations, just make sure you get the correct controller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: m_ridzon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers