Can not start motors with left stick full forward p4p+ & RTH takes forever to land

Reaction score
Hello, I am a new user and as with many, everthing was working great until...
For some reason I can no longer start the motors and lift off with the left stick
full forward. Was working fine in the past. Everything is up to date. Also the
RTH function started taking forever to land, it climbs to 400 ft & just hovers above home point.
Descend is like one foot per two seconds. Caught the device falling in mid
air cause the battery was done, but it was taking way too long to land. RTH used to be right
on the money, within a foot or so, now it could land 20 to 30 ft away. All of the above started happening
at once. Not sure if I accidently changed some settings??? Thank You

Best thing is to uninstall the app, delete all the left over folders and then reinstall and do a test again

Think his AC is a p4p+. Is there an option to uninstall the dji go app that comes pre-installed on the RC? I'd like to know as I own a + model also. Thanks.

Are you saying you cant even get the motors to start spinning at all? If so are you arming the motors FIRST by pushing both sticks to middle bottom corners?

Hello, I am a new user and as with many, everthing was working great until...
For some reason I can no longer start the motors and lift off with the left stick
full forward. Was working fine in the past. Everything is up to date. Also the
RTH function started taking forever to land, it climbs to 400 ft & just hovers above home point.
Descend is like one foot per two seconds. Caught the device falling in mid
air cause the battery was done, but it was taking way too long to land. RTH used to be right
on the money, within a foot or so, now it could land 20 to 30 ft away. All of the above started happening
at once. Not sure if I accidently changed some settings??? Thank You
Those are some very unusual symptoms.
Flight data might help shed some light on the issue.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.

btw .. you don't start the motors by pushing the left stick forward.

Hello, thank you everyone for your replies. The left stick up to start motors and take-off has always functioned until the problems began. Maybe it was a bug. (But I liked that one). That function was the first thing I noticed to be disabled. Yesterday I tried a stick calibration. Must have gone thru the procedure 10 times or so. No indication of completion on the screen, so I couldn't tell what was going on. The system would always return to start page of calibration?? Also tried camera calibration (locked up at 50% complete) Rebooted controller. Enclosed insert from manual in regards to left stick start-up.. MUI calibration some time today..
P4P LEFT.JPG
Thank You

Hello, thank you everyone for your replies. The left stick up to start motors and take-off has always functioned until the problems began. Maybe it was a bug. (But I liked that one). That function was the first thing I noticed to be disabled. Yesterday I tried a stick calibration. Must have gone thru the procedure 10 times or so. No indication of completion on the screen, so I couldn't tell what was going on. The system would always return to start page of calibration?? Also tried camera calibration (locked up at 50% complete) Rebooted controller. Enclosed insert from manual in regards to left stick start-up.. MUI calibration some time today..View attachment 85920 Thank You

I'm going to assume you read my suggestion above and tried it. I get the impression that you are just booting it up and when it says ready to fly it just sits there when you move the left stick up right? If this is what you are doing than you are doing it WRONG. Unless you arm the motors and get them spinning first it is never going to take off. You do not START the motors by moving the left stick up. After it has initialized you MUST first move both sticks to middle bottom corners to arm and start motors. THEN you should be able to take off by moving left stick up.

Thnx, I better back up. Yes, the system is ready to go. If I tap the Auto Takeoff on the screen the motors would start up and device would lift off or I could push left stick forward, the motors would start and lift off. I never had to have the motors spinning first before using the stick method. They would automatically start with the forward push and the device would liftoff. I'm sorry, I'm new to this and I don't know the diff between normal or what is not. The device spoiled me at the beginning, no problems, tap or left stick takeoff and RTH was always a quick descend and back onto my 4 x4 sheet of plywood within inches. Slowly learning.

Thnx, I better back up. Yes, the system is ready to go. If I tap the Auto Takeoff on the screen the motors would start up and device would lift off or I could push left stick forward, the motors would start and lift off. I never had to have the motors spinning first before using the stick method. They would automatically start with the forward push and the device would liftoff. I'm sorry, I'm new to this and I don't know the diff between normal or what is not. The device spoiled me at the beginning, no problems, tap or left stick takeoff and RTH was always a quick descend and back onto my 4 x4 sheet of plywood within inches. Slowly learning.

It should never have taken off that way to begin with. That could be very dangerous since you could accidently hit the left stick and it would just start spinning while in your hands.

But I'm STILL unclear as to whether or not the blades or even spinning AT ALL. Are they spinning at all while sitting on the ground before you try to take off?

Again, if the blades aren't spinning BEFORE you try to take off then you haven't started the motors FIRST. Watch the instruction video link below to see how to do it.

dji web player

Nope, no spinning, until I push the left stick forward or tap Auto takeoff.

Hello, thank you everyone for your replies. The left stick up to start motors and take-off has always functioned until the problems began. Maybe it was a bug. (But I liked that one). That function was the first thing I noticed to be disabled. Yesterday I tried a stick calibration. Must have gone thru the procedure 10 times or so. No indication of completion on the screen, so I couldn't tell what was going on. The system would always return to start page of calibration?? Also tried camera calibration (locked up at 50% complete) Rebooted controller. Enclosed insert from manual in regards to left stick start-up.. MUI calibration some time today.
It looks like there is a step missing from the section of the manual you showed.
It needs to have a line after Step 4 that says Start the motors using the combination stick command (CSC).
Just pushing the left stick will never start the motors.
Go back to the manual and note the section immediately above the section you showed above.
Here's what it says:
i-QPpfzMV-XL.jpg

At this point I don't think myself or meta 4 can help you if you don't LISTEN to what we are BOTH trying to tell you. You are DOING IT WRONG! Go back and SLOWLY read my advise and WATCH the video and READ what Meta4 posted straight from the online manual. If you still don't get it after that than you will need to find someone local to show you or just return or sell your bird. Sorry to be so harsh but it seems as though you just aren't listening to the advise given. You are going to kick yourself when you realize how simple the solution to your problem is...lol

You absolutely have to start the motors before taking off. Pull the sticks to the bottom inside corners and it starts every time. I never ever use auto landing or takeoff. I'm not really sure why they even have them. Too many autonomous flight capabilities makes for lazy, reliant, crappy drone pilots. And as far as your rth height is set too night. Just change it in your menu. I suggest you spend a lot of time with your bird on the ground learning all the ins and out in your settings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic