P4P Return To Home - New Issue

Reaction score
While flying my P4P well above my RTH elevation setting, I trigger the RTH button in DJI Go 4 app and slide the bar to begin the RTH function. Within a couple seconds I receive a message that the drone has returned to 1 foot and do I want to continue to land but the drone has not descended at all from the 300-400 foot level and remains there untiI I slide the bar again. Then it finally begins to descend but rarely to the recorded home point - sometimes a 100 feet away, and very slowly - about 1 foot per second at the fastest. All firmware and apps are the most current. Calibration is spot on. Happens everytime. Also, the red X cancel button on the screen doesn't function and will not cancel the RTH action. Any ideas out there.

Why is the landing speed so slow - even from 100's of feet up - it takes forever. Even landing manually the drone takes forever to land. I can pull the throttle stick all the way to bottom and it still descends very slowly. My P3S doesn't have any of these issues and descends as fast as I command it to.

While flying my P4P well above my RTH elevation setting, I trigger the RTH button in DJI Go 4 app and slide the bar to begin the RTH function. Within a couple seconds I receive a message that the drone has returned to 1 foot and do I want to continue to land but the drone has not descended at all from the 300-400 foot level and remains there untiI I slide the bar again. Then it finally begins to descend but rarely to the recorded home point - sometimes a 100 feet away, and very slowly - about 1 foot per second at the fastest. All firmware and apps are the most current. Calibration is spot on. Happens everytime. Also, the red X cancel button on the screen doesn't function and will not cancel the RTH action. Any ideas out there.

Why is the landing speed so slow - even from 100's of feet up - it takes forever. Even landing manually the drone takes forever to land. I can pull the throttle stick all the way to bottom and it still descends very slowly. My P3S doesn't have any of these issues and descends as fast as I command it to.
Yeh if wana speed up just do some turns while hard down left stick faster in sport mode

@dcwight, check out one of your TXT flight logs to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Well, for this P4P it is neither. It is truly only about 1 foot per second - can't descend any faster no matter how I adjust the settings even in sport mode- it just doesn't want to land.

Well, for this P4P it is neither. It is truly only about 1 foot per second - can't descend any faster no matter how I adjust the settings even in sport mode- it just doesn't want to land.
First thing I would do is replay your flight log in the GO app and see what the actual descent speed was. The actual figure will be depicted in the telemetry.

First thing I would do is replay your flight log in the GO app and see what the actual descent speed was. The actual figure will be depicted in the telemetry.

Thanks for the suggestion. The average descent speed in the logs for every return to home event was 0.7 mph which is almost exactly 1 foot per second and this is the fastest I can manually descend with the throttle stick fully depressed down when not using the RTH feature. In the Drone Deploy app, the drone returns to home in a normal fashion and descends at a reasonable speed. We've performed over 15 mapping missions with the new drone with many of them over 200 acres in size which takes the drone to relatively long distance from the home point.

This is a brand new drone and we have never flown the drone in the GO app more than 30 feet horizontal distance from the home point when it was used to take pictures of construction sites where a picture from straight over head was adequate, even though the altitudes have been as high as 350 feet. I'm starting to believe that I need to fly horizontally far beyond the recommended 65 feet from the home point at an altitude above the RTH altitude of 40 meters and then actuate the RTH feature to see what happens. I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks for the suggestion. The average descent speed in the logs for every return to home event was 0.7 mph which is almost exactly 1 foot per second and this is the fastest I can manually descend with the throttle stick fully depressed down when not using the RTH feature. In the Drone Deploy app, the drone returns to home in a normal fashion and descends at a reasonable speed. We've performed over 15 mapping missions with the new drone with many of them over 200 acres in size which takes the drone to relatively long distance from the home point.

This is a brand new drone and we have never flown the drone in the GO app more than 30 feet horizontal distance from the home point when it was used to take pictures of construction sites where a picture from straight over head was adequate, even though the altitudes have been as high as 350 feet. I'm starting to believe that I need to fly horizontally far beyond the recommended 65 feet from the home point at an altitude above the RTH altitude of 40 meters and then actuate the RTH feature to see what happens. I'll let you know what I find out.
Try calibrating the VPS. Can't hurt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20