Can Advanced done use Standard camera and gimbal?

Reaction score
My P3 Advanced crashed.The gimbal and camera were lost. After looking into the price of a new P3 Advanced camera, I realized it's not a whole lot more to buy a new P3 standard. If I bought a P3 standard, could I detach the gimbal and camera in it and use them on my P3 Advanced. I've seen this question put forth the other way around (P3 Adv camera on a P3 Standard), but not a Standard camera and gimbal on a P3 Advanced. My hope is to do that, and then sell the new P3 Standard without a camera to end up saving money.

That won't work. Those gimbals are not compatible.

If you want a cheap(er) solution, try getting an insurance plan from Neary Aerial . For $260 you get full coverage from any damage for 2 years, no deductible. Only con is a 15 day waiting period, but better than spending $400+ for less 'stuff.' Great value!

EDIT: Just in case of trolls, I am not affiliated with Neary in any way. :)

If you want a cheap(er) solution, try getting an insurance plan from Neary Aerial . For $260 you get full coverage from any damage for 2 years, no deductible. Only con is a 15 day waiting period, but better than spending $400+ for less 'stuff.' Great value!

I'm sure that I must be misunderstanding your post. Are you suggesting he get insurance now after his crash, wait 15 days and then make a claim?

Reactions: msinger

He can't take this insurance right now as he crashed his P3S.

I'm sure that I must be misunderstanding your post. Are you suggesting he get insurance now after his crash, wait 15 days and then make a claim?
Yes, that's exactly what I am suggesting. Whenever I have my first crash, I plan to use this method myself.

Per their contract:

"Neary will cover “Loss” so long as Component Parts: Are in “Proper Working Order”, as defined herein, on the effective day of this Contract. "

Yes, that's exactly what I am suggesting. Whenever I have my first crash, I plan to use this method myself.
Guess it won't work as Neary can use the clause as stated by msinger above. Neary can ask you to provide the log when your drone crashed, obviously it will show a much earlier date than when you signed up to the insurance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav