Cameras that fits H3-3D gimbal

I see they may have been cleaning out stock on these as someone already posted about the Firefly 7 with true 4K video. Doesn't matter to me as I really wanted 1080/120fps. And that is not listed, so no loss for me.

I did take the SD card and battery out of my GoPro Hero3+ Black and toss it in the freezer for 30 minutes this past weekend. And to my surprise, the **** thing fired up without freezing (no pun intended) I loaded up my Phantom and shot some footage in the backyard. Then proceeded to head to a local construction site that I had been wanting to shoot for quite some time.

Hopefully it stays working and I can now operate with two cameras. My wildcat is begging for multiple cam footage.

I'm waiting for the unboxing video when you get yours!!!

I see they may have been cleaning out stock on these as someone already posted about the Firefly 7 with true 4K video. Doesn't matter to me as I really wanted 1080/120fps. And that is not listed, so no loss for me.

I did take the SD card and battery out of my GoPro Hero3+ Black and toss it in the freezer for 30 minutes this past weekend. And to my surprise, the **** thing fired up without freezing (no pun intended) I loaded up my Phantom and shot some footage in the backyard. Then proceeded to head to a local construction site that I had been wanting to shoot for quite some time.

Hopefully it stays working and I can now operate with two cameras. My wildcat is begging for multiple cam footage.

I'm waiting for the unboxing video when you get yours!!!

The GoPro 3+ does not have 1080/120fps only the Hero 4 black has it but you can shoot 720/120fps with the 3+

That was my point, I have a 3+ black, so my next upgrade, I really wanted 1080/120fps. I would have been disappointed having ordered the 6s if the 7s had it for $30 more.

According to my tracking info, my cam has hit US shores. We will see how slow of a camel it is put on to get across country now.

Even though my GoPro seems to be operational, the color is now going in and out as seen in some fishing footage we shot last night. Grr.

Last edited:
Just got my Firefly 6s in the mail yesterday! First impression is really good. I shot a box opening video that I hope to share tonight.

The box has been improved with more info on it, but that's retail crap that means nothing, what is in the box is what is cool.

The camera itself and waterproof case seems to be an near exact dimension with the GoPro's as advertised. It's a solid little unit with easy to use buttons and menus. I am disappointed with the lack of visual or audio notification that it is recording or on, other than the ring around the buttons and the LCD on the front. I liked the beep when using it on a helmet.

Along with a collection of mounts, lens cover, etc, there was actually a FPV cable included! That was a big question for many. There is also a setting for record as soon as it gets USB power! In other words, fire up your drone and it starts to record. Pretty cool that you don't have to grab your live gimbal to not only turn the cam on, but hit the shutter button.

The cam came with current firmware 2.6 (newer than you can download) and the iphone app was an easy download from the QR code in the manual. The app has many of the camera settings and remote control of the cam. And even better than the GoPro app, it runs in portrait and landscape mode. Delay is apparent, but not horrible. Connecting to WiFi was easy.

More to come as I get the video edited down. PS: I shot it with my freshly revived GoPro Hero 3+ Black after it's time in the freezer.

That looks like a good source for parts if a person knows what is wrong. Without swapping components, it is near impossible to figure out which may be causing the freezing.

Ok, After the first weekend of playing with this thing, I have some experience to share.

Good point, lots of settings. And the defaults seem to work best. But when I started messing with them, the picture got bad quick. Grainy or way too sharp. Once set back to default, it was good again.

It's a warm one, and loading it in it's case while in an air conditioned office, will guarantee it will fog inside the case during the ride home. That was an issue.

There are very few indications that this thing is on or recording. No audible beeps and the record lights are dim around the shutter button and power button. I am not going to like the lack of audible beeps when using on my helmet. The LCD is near impossible to see in bright sun. So looking at it to see if the counter is counting is difficult.

That being said, the ability to have it power on and start recording when USB power is applied is cool for the drone users. As soon as you fire up your phantom, the cam comes on and starts recording. That is a nice feature that keeps you from having to grab your cam on a live gimbal.

I did edit down some quick clips from the phantom and wakeboarding this weekend. You should be able to see the difference in the settings. The last 30 seconds or so, when the sun came out, I have the settings I was looking for and the image was much better. Keep in mind the young girls were shooting with it and refused to wipe the lens of water and smears.

One setting that confused me, and may not be described in the manual very well is the ability to change the hz from 60-50hz. I tried that in both settings and 60hz was the way to go. Not sure what that was all about. Knowing that many LCD's run at 60hz frequencies or multiples of 60, it seemed to make sense. But I didn't understand why that setting existed.

More to come.

Mine just arrived today. Will try to get it up in the air this weekend if the weather permits.

Ok, so after using this thing for a while now, I have mixed feelings about it.

Spec for spec, it should be as good as my GoPro Hero3+ Black. I had to shut image stabilization off as it was causing some noise in the video. I may turn it back on and try again. The sensor may be capturing the same, but I feel the lenses are not of the same quality. I see reflections and distortion much more than I ever did on my Gopro. It's just more sensitive to the sun and light changes. I notice that there is just a bit off distortion around edges too, almost like the image is too sharp. Nothing has that warm feeling like I got with my GoPro.

AND I CANNOT READ THAT DISPLAY WHILE IN THE CASE!! GRRR

Maybe I have my settings wrong, but the GoPro was just great out of the box. I do see that the Hero 4 Black is coming down as the first folks to discount them are the warehouse clubs. Sams has a bundle for $379. That is an amazing deal on a Hero 4 Black with handle, spare battery and external charger. I may just go get one and use this Firefly as an alternate shot camera.

I truly think that once the snowmobile season starts, I am going to be wishing I had my GoPro with audible beeps too for helmet shots. I will have no idea when this firefly is running.

Please report back what you are finding.

Last edited:
Ok, so after using this thing for a while now, I have mixed feelings about it.

Spec for spec, it should be as good as my GoPro Hero3+ Black. I had to shut image stabilization off as it was causing some noise in the video. I may turn it back on and try again. The sensor may be capturing the same, but I feel the lenses are not of the same quality. I see reflections and distortion much more than I ever did on my Gopro. It's just more sensitive to the sun and light changes. I notice that there is just a bit off distortion around edges too, almost like the image is too sharp. Nothing has that warm feeling like I got with my GoPro.

AND I CANNOT READ THAT DISPLAY WHILE IN THE CASE!! GRRR

Maybe I have my settings wrong, but the GoPro was just great out of the box. I do see that the Hero 4 Black is coming down as the first folks to discount them are the warehouse clubs. Sams has a bundle for $379. That is an amazing deal on a Hero 4 Black with handle, spare battery and external charger. I may just go get one and use this Firefly as an alternate shot camera.

I truly think that once the snowmobile season starts, I am going to be wishing I had my GoPro with audible beeps too for helmet shots. I will have no idea when this firefly is running.

Please report back what you are finding.

The Hero 4 just came out with new firmware which included shutter speeds and ISO improvements for Protunes.

I also noticed that the pre hero 5 release sales are happening on the Hero 4 series. GoPro Hero 4 Black at Sams club is not $379 with handle, spare battery and external charger. I think that is a great buy! It cannot be topped anywhere else from what I can find, not even refurbished.

I also noticed that the pre hero 5 release sales are happening on the Hero 4 series. GoPro Hero 4 Black at Sams club is not $379 with handle, spare battery and external charger. I think that is a great buy! It cannot be topped anywhere else from what I can find, not even refurbished.

I try not to pay retail for cameras and equipment. Just checked on ebay for hero 4 black and prices are between $320 -310. My last two GPs were used and I had all the accessories from silver I bought new.

Quick update on these. Sam's club seems to be the official clearing house for new GoPro cams for the holidays.

Hero 4 Black bundle with two batteries, double charger, floaty back door, floaty stick and Sandisk extreme memory card is now $349

Hero 4 Silver bundle with two batteries, double charger, floaty stick and Sandisk extreme memory card is now $249

Pretty good starter bundles for gifts, or those replacing older cams.

Use a square plastick 1mm around buttons of sj4000 so they dont touch gimbal.
Works great.

To jason,

Here's my proof, you can thank me later. This would save a lot of money for those who don't have a GoPro and already have sj4000. Just add little bit of weight like a coin.

Thank you so so much. I will try
Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Hi there, are you able to post the video link again as its not working? Thank you
What's up guys AWESOM NEWS! Read below. :) I have been researching for a while now to what alternative camera I can use with the DJI phantom 2 zenmuse h3 2d, same goes with 3d and 4d.

I have said sj4000 camera from Sjcam fits perfectly. But if u want to fpv PMU have to do certain mod by soldering av micro usb cable etc

I HAVE GOOD NEWS
The firefly 6s by hawkeye
Is exactly another clone. Of gopro 4
Fits in the h3 3d etc and weights EXACTLY like gopro so no need to adjust weight/balance gimbal

Also uses MINI USB so perfect to connect gimbal and FPV

So boom!! Thank you hope I helped those people who wants to save money.
The firefly 6s quality is Amazing has true. 2.5k resolution the 4k is interpolated but quality for price is just amazing like the hero 3black

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
f1b72a039542ee8788e839c4a511550f.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj