Cameras that fits H3-3D gimbal

Reaction score
Do these cheap Chinese cameras that has the mini USB connection on the left side fit the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal.
I mean the SJ4000 and all other cameras that seems to have the same size as the GoPro?

Do these cheap Chinese cameras that has the mini USB connection on the left side fit the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal.
I mean the SJ4000 and all other cameras that seems to have the same size as the GoPro?

Sorry but none of those cheap Chinese knockoffs will work with H3-3D gimbal as they are either just to large to fit in the tray or the USB connector face the wrong way or on the back of the camera. Why not consider buying a used GoPro camera on ebay.

Thanks, well i have an old P2 which i don't value especially high, so i don't know if its worth it to buy a GoPro just for that, since i would not use the GoPro for any other things than aerial shots.

But you are correct, maybe a used one could be an alternative, i will have to look for a used GoPro 3 on ebay.

About the connections, i have seen some of these knock off cameras having the mini USB connector on the left side so that thing should not be an issue, but the size of the knock-off cameras i was unsure of.
How about the weight, do they need to have the same weight as the GoPro since i guess the Zenmuse H3-3D is made just for the GoPro and i assume calibrated for the exact weight of the GoPro?

The sj4000 is not compatible as the USB connector is at the backside of the camera let lone the camera is slightly larger then a GoPro.
SJ4000 (3).jpg

Here is what the USB connector on a GoPro looks like. The ribbon cable will actually fit but there's no way to do that on the sj4000. .
Hero 3+-03.jpg

Aha okay i see, so no other of these knock-off cameras work on the H3-3D? Im pretty sure I've seen people talk online about other cameras working on the H3-3D, but not sure which particular camera they meant.

Maybe a used Gopro 3 is the way to go then?

Reactions: Ih82lose
It does work I've seen it before. Sjcam sj4000 will fit in h3 2d or h3 3d, but usb will need to be converted into a micro usb to mini usb so u can plug the ribbon cable. Youtube phantom 2, h3 3d with sj4000

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It does work I've seen it before. Sjcam sj4000 will fit in h3 2d or h3 3d, but usb will need to be converted into a micro usb to mini usb so u can plug the ribbon cable. Youtube phantom 2, h3 3d with sj4000

When the dimensions of the SJ4000 are 59.2 x 41 x 29.8mm and the physical of size of a Hero 4 is 57 x 40 x 2mm and just fits snugly into the mounting plate that the SJ4000 will do the same. When you can come up with the physical proof that something 2.2mm longer can fit into the same space H3-3D/H4-3D without modification I might believe you

To jason,

Here's my proof, you can thank me later. This would save a lot of money for those who don't have a GoPro and already have sj4000. Just add little bit of weight like a coin.

Just gotta convert mini usb to micro usb and take the volume buttons out IF YOU PLAN TO USE FPV, if not you can place sj4000 upside down. So side buttons don't get touch when fitted

Reactions: chrislongley
To jason,

Here's my proof, you can thank me later. This would save a lot of money for those who don't have a GoPro and already have sj4000. Just add little bit of weight like a coin.

Very good find liquid.
That's a really nice mod. Just need the micro usb and wire right into the transmitter.

Very good find liquid.
That's a really nice mod. Just need the micro usb and wire right into the transmitter.

That's cool AY, i just don't understand the wiring done in this video?

I have the plug and play that connects to phantom 2 to immersionrc av transmitter and mini osd. Now with sj4000 as in planning FPv how can I change my wirings around. ?

Maybe a mini usb to micro usb adaptor is all I need. Or I will have to wire a micro USB to immersion transmitter? But all the plug and play cable I have idk

Im still gathering all my fpV set up before installing it properly

I have the phantom 2, non vision.

Have blackpearl diversity, mini osd, Sj4000 camera, plug and play cable, immersionrc transmitter.

Just need anti interference board. My issue is connecting it all. As I have the Sj4000 uses micro USB.
Don't know if it's an easy set up

Thanks for the Vid, so i thought that its possible. So the mod he made in the vid was just to remove the side buttons?

Why don't just use a Mini USB to Micro USB adapter, or make an own Video cable from a regular mini USB cable?

Thanks for the Vid, so i thought that its possible. So the mod he made in the vid was just to remove the side buttons?

Why don't just use a Mini USB to Micro USB adapter, or make an own Video cable from a regular mini USB cable?
It all depends if SJ1000 and gopro uses the USB standards for the adaptor to work. I know the Mini USB on the gopro uses a 10pin connection (most use 5). This is why you just cant hack a normal mini usb cable. If you still have the original red/black/orange/black P2 video cable, you can plug it into the cam port and wire the orange black for video and red black to power the SJ1000 (provided you know the schematics of the micro usb port).

What's up guys AWESOM NEWS! Read below. :) I have been researching for a while now to what alternative camera I can use with the DJI phantom 2 zenmuse h3 2d, same goes with 3d and 4d.

I have said sj4000 camera from Sjcam fits perfectly. But if u want to fpv PMU have to do certain mod by soldering av micro usb cable etc

I HAVE GOOD NEWS
The firefly 6s by hawkeye
Is exactly another clone. Of gopro 4
Fits in the h3 3d etc and weights EXACTLY like gopro so no need to adjust weight/balance gimbal

Also uses MINI USB so perfect to connect gimbal and FPV

So boom!! Thank you hope I helped those people who wants to save money.
The firefly 6s quality is Amazing has true. 2.5k resolution the 4k is interpolated but quality for price is just amazing like the hero 3black

f1b72a039542ee8788e839c4a511550f.jpg

Reactions: chrislongley
Great news as my GoPro 3+ Black just took a dump and I don't dare update the firmware anymore and lose USB video capability.

This may be a great option. If anyone has used this animal and can review it, please share!!

Thank you,

They seemed to have been doing that all week I started looking on Monday morning they were $89 and $84.95 by afternoon. I placed my order that evening for 78.95 shipped.

I have no idea how long it will take to get it but that's cheap! Each color camera was a different price by a buck or two

Wish us luck!

We need to take guesses on when these things actually arrive. I can only assume they will come in from China?

I'm in MN, so we will see how long it takes that slow boat to get across country. I did choose priority postal shipping, as it was still $0.00. Not sure if that was better or not. 7-10 days is going to go slow!

The US supply was on back order when I purchased, so i had to select China for a shipping origin. Usually takes ~2 weeks and the tracking numbers are useless until they arrive in the states.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20