Camera

Yes and even when I'm taking the picture I can hear the shutter sound when I switch it to video the red button pops up and allows me to record but screen still black

That’s just really odd! Whenever I have gotten a camera with no image, it always says it. Do you have a different remote controller and a different phone or tablet to try with?
Maybe even a different P3P?

Yes sir it's definitely odd almost unheard-of it's really weird because it's like everything's normal I just can't see anything on the screen. I do not have anything else to try with. I guess the only other thing I can do is box this piece of crap back up and send it to DJI to have it serviced and get charged a million bucks for something I did not even do. I guess the crappy thing about it is you wake up after not using it for a week or so go to fly it and this is what it's doing and then you get charged and have to pay a bunch of money for it LOL

If of use.
I just tried a gimbal-less P3Pro and there is no sound from my phone when the shutter button on the controller is pressed and the camera buttons in the Go App seem unresponsive. I had my hearing aid in.
When I try the same controller on its working P3Adv I am just able to hear a shutter noise from the phone when the contoller's shutter button is pressed and this is maybe a second or so after the button-being-pressed beep from the controller itself.

Please post a screen shot of the phone screen, when in flight (connected and ready to take off).
Here's a picture of the screenshot right before I am able to launch the Drone. I didn't want to launch it because I just got home from work and it's nighttime and I don't want to lose it because I can't see but it's pretty much the same thing when it's in the air... also my brother has the same drone I tried his cord and also his controller still the same thing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191007-204543_DJI GO.jpg
    Screenshot_20191007-204543_DJI GO.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 97
How far along in the troubleshooting chart (posts 11 and 16) have you gone so far? For example, have you confirmed via your LOG_AB file if your modules 8/15 are detected?

Reactions: JoBe
I tried following along in the log but it gets super confusing to me I'm no professional drone flyer I just fly around my house and take video pictures having fun so I don't know what a lot of that means

The problem is very likely the software. Go to the place where drones being serviced and surely they can manage this.
About flying in the dark - even less problem if you haven't got picture on the screen as there would be not much to see anyway.
But you'll better see the drones lights in the dark. If you put some strobe light on you can see it even further than in daylight.
Well a bit off topic, but for sure the problem can be easily solved. The worse scenario can be the fault camera. But even then the repair must not be very expensive.
Did you checked what you get on the memory card?

Re your brother did you try his viewing screen (phone or tablet) on your drone and visa-versa?
What type of viewing device is being used, Android, Apple?

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
when he shows up this morning I'm definitely going to try that that's the last thing that I can think of my viewing device is an Android

I just don't see how everything is fine when I park it last week and I go to fired up a couple days ago and now my screen is all dark

Any android updates since the last flight?
How old is the android?
Has the the Android device been restarted ?

No Android updates since last flight. It is a Samsung Galaxy7.. and yes I reboot the phone and run maintenance clean out periodically

I just don't see how everything is fine when I park it last week and I go to fired up a couple days ago and now my screen is all dark

This is curious, you haven't seen any device break before?

1. If a device power system comes close to getting damaged, it usually breaks while switching power. The moment of turning on puts the greatest strain on power components, even though most devices today have a special soft-on power routine to limit the initial current spike. All capacitors need to charge at start, and non-charged capacitor behaves like a short for a moment before it charges.

2. NAND storage can break at any time. It has internal refresher which tries to detect weak sectors and refresh them when a device in powered - so it has larger chance for a fail when not used for months. But the chance of it breaking at any moment is still nonzero.
Flash memory - Wikipedia

Interesting, that is the device I use for my P4.
I have lost lost camera viewing once, but I suspect it was me playing with manual camera settings.
Does your brother have the same device?

Last edited:
OK. Your cam is all right then.
As been said everything can brake and in any moment, so this is just bad luck.
I have no better advise than reload or upgrade all firmware that is remote, phone and even craft although the last one seems to be OK.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94