Camera

Reaction score
I haven't flown my drone for about 2 weeks. And I fired it up yesterday to fly it and I couldn't get the camera to come on the screen it took flight everything was fine but I couldn't get the camera to show on my device any suggestions. Last time I parked it everything was working fine

Did you try taking photos/video and check to see if they had been saved successfully to the memory card in the gimbal?

I never actually tried taking the pictures or video because I couldn't see the camera on the screen should I launch it and try that? What would that tell me?

The information as to whether or not it records to the memory card etc. may give the people here a pointer as to the problem. The more information you can give them the better.
It needn't be flown to take photos etc.
Do you see telemetry in the Go App and do you have control of the gimbal via the dial on the controller etc.?

So I got everything hooked up. I still cannot see the camera from the Drone showing on my phone like I did a couple days ago. But when I take a picture you hear the shutter sound and when I video the button highlights red and allows me to start videoing. However when I hit download to the app on my phone the pictures show up in my phone but the video is not downloading.

I have never tried looking at video recorded on the mSD card by downloading it to the phone etc. via the app.
What I normally do is remove the mSD card from the gimbal, bung it in a card reader connected to my computer and then look at the contents of the card directly.That way you can see for certain whether or not anything has been recorded on the mSD card.
You can get card readers with micro USB plugs on them (don't know about for Apple stuff) so if you do not have a PC perhaps that might work or put the drone's mSD card in your phone (if you can) instead of the original.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that I was just trying to do it real quick so I can get some information to the Forum always before I have been able to view it on my phone after downloading it however my question of concern is when I launch my drone I cannot see my camera through my phone

The point I was trying to make is that if something associated with the camera or the gimbal has gone wrong then it is possible that you would not see an image on the phone. But if you can see the appropriate images on the memory card you at least have an idea that the camera and gimbal are working to some extent at least

okay I will take it out and see if I could pop it in my computer and see if it's showing which I'm pretty sure it's going to be cuz it's showing on my phone I'm just concerned about flying the Drone but not seeing where I'm flying the drone on my screen when it gets further away

I agree. The more info the better. I’ll guess you have a P3P since we see this exact thing reported so often when the drone hasn’t been used for some amount of time. Does the app show ‘no signal’ or ‘disconnected’ or ‘no Image transmission’ at the top? I know it’s basic, but have you already tried a new cable from your RC to your mobile device? Is your EV set too far negative?

You may be able to get more ideas from the forum search function or from this awesome troubleshooting chart. You’ll see that one of the steps is to verify that photos and videos are recording to your SD card as was asked by @PhiliusFoggg

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Well ...........strictly speaking you probably should not be flying it OUT of direct line of sight.
With regards to the cable, if trying a different one make sure it is a cable designed to transmit data as well as power. There are many 'power only' cables out there and they do not allow the viewing device to connect to the controller

No sir it doesn't say any of that in fact it says Ready To Fly and everything seems normal I just cannot see the camera on the screen when I'm connected to the controller. No I have not tried a new cable yet. I didn't figure I would need a new cable since everything was working fine up until recently. And yes the cable I am using is the one that came with it which is a data transmitting one.

Cables can break without external symptoms, ditto connectors.
I have a Samsung S5 & a Note 4, the latter started out fine but became tempremental with the Go App. It turns out the USB connector was on its way out, once I had replaced that connector the phone is as right as rain with the Go App.

No it's not saying anything at all it's acting like everything is okay and it says ready for flight or whatever and lights up green and everything is normal other than the fact that I can't see through the camera on my phone. I just uninstalled the app and tried installing it again and still the same thing

I just tried that right now still nothing screen still stays dark I was wondering if I need to install the newest and latest updates I have an update for camera that just recently popped up and one for battery. Even though it's saying update I still thought I should be able to see through the camera on my phone

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl