Camera won't come to alert

Reaction score
I crashed again, snapping the ribbon cable and separating the camera at the roll arm motor(?). I replaced the cable following a demo video -- pretty sure I did it right -- and reconnected the gimbal roll arm the way I thought it should go. But when i fired it up and the camera came to alert, the camera tried to spin in a direction that was prohibited, so it just kept bouncing against the gimbal. It made me think the camera was upside down or was facing the wrong direction when I attached it. But it looks just like the pictures and video. I'm not very experienced with drone repairs, so I can only imagine the many things I might have done wrong. Who knows if I replaced the roll arm motor properly? I can't really afford a trip to the repair shop if it's something simple. Any ideas what's wrong?

I did a ribbon replacement on my P3P last year..looks like you may have to re check everything especially camera connection easy to connect it wrong.

Make sure the camera is facing the right direction when you put the set screw in. It's easy to get a 180 deg. off. Also, check to make sure the camera stop has not broken off. Good luck.

Make sure that the pitch motor shaft (the one that connects to the camera) has the flat side facing the rear of the Phantom.

Thank you folks. That gives me several things to check. I'll get back to you after I do.

Hmm. I tried all the ideas you guys suggested but still can't find anything wrong. My local repair shop is closed indefinitely. So I alone on this. I'm about to take it all apart again and start over. But thought I would ask again for advice. Here's the problem: "I replaced the camera ribbon cable and reconnected the gimbal roll arm. But when i fired it up and the camera came to alert, the camera tried to spin in a direction that was prohibited, so it just kept bouncing against the stop. It made me think the camera was upside down or was facing the wrong direction when I attached it. But it looks just like the pictures and video." I'll see if I can take a picture to show the assembly. Ideas?
IMG_4263.jpg
IMG_4263.jpg
IMG_4265.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.