camera not moving or calibrating

Reaction score
Camera will turn on, but when the drone starts up the camera will not move or calibrate. Where do I begin troubleshooting this issue ?

My son is 14, and I/we need direction on how to fix this to get him up flying again. I've been told DJI no longer services the Phantom 3 Standard and therefore cannot provide tech support or guidance. Any and all help is much appreciated. Thank-you!

Camera will turn on, but when the drone starts up the camera will not move or calibrate. Where do I begin troubleshooting this issue ?

My son is 14, and I/we need direction on how to fix this to get him up flying again. I've been told DJI no longer services the Phantom 3 Standard and therefore cannot provide tech support or guidance. Any and all help is much appreciated. Thank-you!
Have to ask , accident or just not work,what colour light on Gimble base at front,green or red,,anything change when camera settings restore to default,got any picture on screen,sd card in cam,wifi set up corect,,,,what's changed or been done ,did it happen after update ????what happens when try to calibrate,???tried reinstall of djigo app,?

*no crash, but last time it worked I was using it on the beach in Fl on vaca
*the color of the light is green
*nothing changed when the camera settings were set to default
*you can see a picture of everything around when the camera is connected to the phone
*nothing else changed or tried except restore to default
*not sure when the update was, it stopped working this past April

OK updates are optional ,if on cell data get can get auto updates or turn off,from playstore or iTunes. Does camera pan up and down with gimble wheel on remote,(does not move sideways with wheel),can take pictures and vidio ok,or is that greyed out,is it only at start up that camera not move,,yes should be bit of a dance , green light good,got power there but possible the camera board might be playing games

OK updates are optional ,if on cell data get can get auto updates or turn off,from playstore or iTunes. Does camera pan up and down with gimble wheel on remote,(does not move sideways with wheel),can take pictures and vidio ok,or is that greyed out,is it only at start up that camera not move,,yes should be bit of a dance , green light good,got power there but possible the camera board might be playing games

*no camera does not move up and down
*nothing is greyed, but it can take photos and videos

*no camera does not move up and down
*nothing is greyed, but it can take photos and videos
It's possible plug in remote for gimble wheel,it's a ribbon cable,you could open remote and check IF a reinstall off app not correct it but a reinstall off app comes with latest version of app and if that's OK by you you can install,(some not like to update because everything works ok,some updates can cause issue for some)I would suggest new ribbon cable set for camera but unsure on this because you got view and power there just no gimble wheel,you can check you version under general settings at bottom says ""about"" info there just looking at my gimble wheel it's possible to with bit to much pressure could get over turned and might be damage does it turn both ways nice and re centre itself

Have to add possible missed this,,when doing gimble calibration must remember to follow what it say and don't forget to turn gimble wheel left and right after doing full stick movement and press done or it won't save,,probly done this but if gimble wheel not done aswell it won't save,,I myself have fallen victim to this,

He’s flying again!!! THANK-U!!

My son followed your directions with updates and eventually buying the ribbon cable. The cable came yesterday and he switched out the old one. He powered it up, and all systems were a go!!! He was soo excited to have it back in the air, and best of all he did all the work himself (from your directions ;).

Thanks sooo much for taking the time to read our posts, reply, and trouble shoot. This has been a very frustrating past couple months.

Great stuff , made my day reading that :) glad he got it sorted,thanks for update:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel