Camera imaging not showing up on tablet

Reaction score
Hello,
I have had my Phantom 4 Pro repaired due to a crash. When it came back funky things were happening to the image displayed on my Samsung Galaxy tablet, to the point it displayed everything EXCEPT the actual view the camera sees. I troubleshot it with tech support including using a cell phone and trying 3 cables. The new firmware was reinstalled as well. I see all other software graphics and everything else is functional. All this worked before without a glitch using the same accessories.

I had it repaired again, and the same thing is happening. This time when I used my cell the picture was there and again, everything else works. It just will not project what the camera sees to my tablet, making it unable to fly since I can't see where I am. The camera was confirmed taking pictures and video to the micro SD when using the tablet.

Did you try uninstalling the tablet app, then deleting any/all remaining files related to it, then re-installing the app?

Thanks for the suggestion. That was requested by the tech to my surprise and was performed at that time to no avail. However, this time I went deep into any files and folders that had a relationship to DJI and removed that as well as the app again. I downloaded and reinstalled the DJI Go4 app. Unfortunately no change. All other sensors, graphics, camera/video settings, and transmissions work as it should. I just don't see a picture. Totally black except for the above mentioned and the satellite image box which also indicates as it should, both in location and direction. Weird.

Did you also try re-linking? Is the controller firmware matching to the drone? (Just possible solutions to look at)

Yup, actually that was more or less automatic as it comes from the factory unlinked. Neither of the two relinking did anything different with regards to this issue.
As a reminder, the first time I got it back from repair, the imaging was torn and broken up. I could see bits and pieces of what the camera was seeing. If I recall, it was requesting a firmware update, which I did, but after I landed. So my feeling all along is that it now has a firmware incompatibility issue with respects to communicating this portion of the transmission to my Samsung Galaxy A6 2016 tablet using Android version 5.1.1. A check determined I had the latest update to Android.

Just in case anyone thinks I am a newbie who has 'totally lost it', here is a short video I just took to show everything operational and communicating with the tablet, controller, and P4P EXCEPT the camera displaying on the tablet screen (it takes pictures and video, just doesn't show real time )
DJI P4P tablet screen malfunction

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31