Camera heating up.

Reaction score
I had my phantom sitting next to me for about 30 min with the props off, trying to get Ground Station to see the phantom and when I went to shut it down, the camera was hot. Really hot. I've never noticed this before. I fly often and always put the gimbal lock piece back on after every flight along with the lens cap.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes, same for me.
Tried to drain the battery with out props on so it took about 45 min
Its getting warm, could hold and touch the camera so its below 50 deg Celcius
But it had my attention too. :shock:

DCGOO said:
Did you remove the gimbal lock during your prop-less run?

+1000
Some people hook the phantom to the assistance and forget to remove the clamp. There isnt an onscreen warning unless the FPV device is hooked up.

If you are turning on the phantom, ALWAYS REMOVE CLAMP! It burns the brushless motor.

Mako79 said:
DCGOO said:
Did you remove the gimbal lock during your prop-less run?

+1000
Some people hook the phantom to the assistance and forget to remove the clamp. There isnt an onscreen warning unless the FPV device is hooked up.

If you are turning on the phantom, ALWAYS REMOVE CLAMP! It burns the brushless motor.

Clamp was off. She was just parked with no props, on but not spinning.

Normal behavior guys... Phantom hardware uses the prop wash to keep cool... If you're gonna park it and do some serious on time without props running then keep a good fan blowing on it to keep things in check... you'll notice the arms where the esc's are get pretty **** warm too... or if you are transferring files over wifi the main body heats up like crazy over the wifi module.

I don't think the onboard parts are getting so hot they will be damaged... but that gimbal gets FREAKY hot right!?!... anyway ... doesn't hurt to keep things cool on the bench... fan works like a charm.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl