Camera/gimbal turns left durign flight

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am completely new to this whole stuff and recently bought a used P2Vision+. So nearly everything seems fine except for one small issue with the camera/gimbal. When I fly fast forward or during some winds it occurs that the camera turns left before it looks forward again.
What could that be and how can I fix that problem? Sorry if that is a known problem but if you search for gimbal problems you only find the miss alignments and spinning cameras. It is not that bad in my case, in principle the gimbal is working and corrects the motions correctly.

I attached a file with a small video where you can see what happens at sec.5 and then minor at sec 11/12.

Thank you very much for your help,

Christian

Attachments

• P2vplus.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 295
Strange behaviour, its like the wind is deflecting it, does this happen often, i can see from the props in shot that you are flying into strong wind, so that may be why

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.
It happens relatively often. Often enough that it is bugging me. Well, i have to observe it more but it sees that it happens mainly in wind or if I fly fast. If I hoover it does not happen at all. It appears as if the motor which keeps the cam steady is weak or something.
Hmm, from the number of views and no replies it does to not seem to be a common problem? Too bad, I hoped for a simple fix.
There is no software or procedure which checks the funcion of the gimbal? The vision plus can' be calibrated, right? Sorry, as I said, I am new to this.

Thanks for helping,

Christian

I've never seen this before. You might try an advance IMU calibration. I does seem that the gimbal has a week spot.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164