Camera filter

Reaction score
I can't seem to get my clear filter lense to unscrew so I can put on a different one. DJI customer service says it should just screw off. Can't get mine to budge. Aircraft has less t b an 10 hrs on it so it hadn't been out in the open a lot

TIA
Rob S

Grip it with as little pressure as possible and turn it to the left. If your fingers slip, try wearing rubber gloves or wrap something rubber around the filter.

You should have been here earlier in the week. Several threads on this exact issue.

Trick is to turn without squeezing. Pressure on the ring causes it to deform and bind in the threads. Use a rubber band, glove or anything you can find to get friction without applying pressure.

Start with just drying to turn gripping the front only.

I will try the rubber gloves. Maybe I was gripping to tight cause fingers slipped. Also tried my propeller wrench, which I broke (lol)

Thx guys. I will definitely try later this afternoon and will keep fingers crossed

Looking forward to belonging to this forum being a Newby pilot

Yes it can be tricky first time. I leave a polarizer on pretty well all the time. Neutral density in the mountains over snow.

Again. Thx for the suggestions. Took a bit but with a rubberband I did succeed in getting the clear filter off

I can't seem to get my clear filter lense to unscrew so I can put on a different one. DJI customer service says it should just screw off. Can't get mine to budge. Aircraft has less t b an 10 hrs on it so it hadn't been out in the open a lot

TIA
Rob S
I have simply used my prop grip! Lens a little bit bigger than prop but worked a treat with just light pressure on the grip. I'm a newbe but worked for me first time!

There is a tool available on eBay that I sell, if you search 'phantom lens tool' if anyone is still having problems

This is why I love forums like this - just got my new filters, couldn't get the standard UV off, tried several times, then looked here, found this thread,
followed the advice and off it came. Thanks guys.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl