Calibration

Reaction score
When I calibrate the drone the first rotation goes fine and the light turns green. Yet when I do it vertically it flashes red. I unplugged the compass and plugged it back in with no effect. Any ideas?

Is it flashing red, or is it flashing red and yellow?

Have you connected to the NAZA assistant software and done an IMU calibration.

It's like really important.

I connected to the software and it said it calibrated(on Mac) the light is flashing just red

You need to calibrate the compass outside away from any interference from metal and buried power lines.

When I calibrate the drone the first rotation goes fine and the light turns green. Yet when I do it vertically it flashes red. I unplugged the compass and plugged it back in with no effect. Any ideas?
Can you explain exactly how you do the compass calibration. I've seen many do it wrong. I have had only one calibration fail. It was because I changed the way I normally do it and held the bird close to my body. I normally hold it out at arms length. I forgot I had a 1/4 " magnetic chuck in my pocket. I did it again at arms length still having the magnet in my pocket and all went well. I have seen people do the second part of calibration...spin the phantom like a wagon wheel. Not correct. Nose down and spin on vertical axis is the proper way. I also just turn my whole body.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic