Cables with the downlink

Reaction score
I purchased the Phantom and now the AVL downlink the cables for the transmitter are wrong. the battery connector is different then whats on the battery pack for the Phantom. the Phantom has the round pins and the downlink cable has one horizontal flat bar and one vertical flat bar. it also has a 1/8th connector for the GoPro which does not fit cause the GoPro has the mini usb type. so It looks I have to do some cutting. On the transmitter cable the 1/8 plug has three sections, I rung them out and it looks like only two are used to connector that plug into the Tx (gray & purple wire). is the tip of the plug nothing?
On the Tx what is "UART" (red & brown wire)?
how can I connect the Tx power to the battery for the Phantom?
Just a little ***** here, I don't understand why the DJI downlink does not fit the DJI Phantom. There was no manual I had to spend time looking for it. It was over $200 and I have to modify cables.posting.php?mode=post&f=4#
thanks
Dennis

denkopf said:
Just a little ***** here, I don't understand why the DJI downlink does not fit the DJI Phantom. There was no manual I had to spend time looking for it. It was over $200 and I have to modify cables.posting.php?mode=post&f=4#
thanks
Dennis

It's not just for the Phantom, it's made for use on any airframe you want to strap it to. The plug you found on the receiver power cord is called a Deans plug, and it's one of the several other types of connectors that could be used to power it. The yellow XT60 plugs used on the Phantom are also common but there's a wide range of others that have been used for quite some time.

It sounds like you may have the connection cables on the air end mixed up, the 1/8" plug isn't intended to plug in to the gopro. This diagram shows the connection scheme for the receiver:
b5wxsSjl.jpg

The way to connect the transmitter just depends on what other components you have in the video chain, if any. E.g. iOSD mini, zenmuse, etc.

Thanks, the Receiver hookups are easy it was just the Transmitter hook ups. the battery connector is not the same as the battery connector on the Phantom, I would think that would be standard since they are both DJI and the 1/8th" plug would at least have a adapter for the GoPro (3) since it is a common camera. Yes I can cut and modify, and I would expect that if I bought the Pantom with XYZ company video transmitter. Kinda hoping for plug and play.
thanks for the reply
Dennis

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl