Sunhans boosters

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I recently boosted up my Argtek kit with two 2.4ghz 34dbi 2500mah amps and one 5.8ghz 33dbi 2000mah amp for TX control. All of these are sunhans amps,
Here's a link to the 5.8 ghz amp
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WLKMHH3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AA8QYD006QBTB&psc=1
Here's a link to the 2.4 ghz amps
https://www.amazon.com/SUNHANS-Ampl...7&sr=1-4&keywords=sunhans+2.4ghz+wifi+booster

So my question is how do I know if they are properly working or Not? There's 2 light indicators one is solid green for power and the other is solid blue, or flashing blue, and lastly is there anything I need to do to activate them or not?
Thanks, Ian

No, lights are correctly colored. No activation required. However, you will now be able to go further out bringing with that ability also increases more chances of signal loss in certain instances. Be aware and prepared, and enjoy the unshackling of amplification.

Same here. I don't fly (usually) over 5,000 ft out. But I use amps and killer antennas to be able to fly low behind objects. It is the difference between night and day.

Reactions: randyvanscoy
I used boosters on my P3S .... and that's part of the reason it no longer flies ...

I had incredible range with it ... but one day - range and wind got the better of my battery and down she went ... in the river ... retrieved but DEAD !

So to OP ..... yes they are great ... they really help to keep good connection ... BUT PLEASE keep that eye on the battery level ....

On subject of power ... I used a 2S LiFe 1500mAh battery pack to power both my 2.4 and 5.8Ghz boosters ...

Nigel

Reactions: Rohanm
Thanks everyone for responding, another question. I was out flyng with my boosters when I got home I looked at at the flight logs,
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

I don't understand, why it shows that I had poor signal, my signal was stronger than ever on this particular flight?

Last edited:
About the lights... when do the lights go on and what is the meaning of the lights on the boosters... initially when installed I had a green and red light on 1 of the boosters, the second day no green lights only red on both boosters, so now I am in doubt if they work properly, how can I test them properly, issue is I have no reference flights made to see the difference in reception yet...

About the lights... when do the lights go on and what is the meaning of the lights on the boosters... initially when installed I had a green and red light on 1 of the boosters, the second day no green lights only red on both boosters, so now I am in doubt if they work properly, how can I test them properly, issue is I have no reference flights made to see the difference in reception yet...
You should have both lights on when controller and drone are connected. Did you only turn the boosters on?

You should have both lights on when controller and drone are connected. Did you only turn the boosters on?

I have both boosters on (powered by the charged li-on battery) I have only 2 red light?? while initially on day 1 after installation 1 of the boosters had a green and red light while the other had no green light and a red light. Do I have faulty boosters perhaps?

Attachments

• 20180303_015426.jpg
    20180303_015426.jpg
    486.8 KB · Views: 494
  • 20180303_015433.jpg
    20180303_015433.jpg
    686.3 KB · Views: 542
  • 20180303_015453.jpg
    20180303_015453.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 518
in above pics the drone is on and the remote is connected with the drone and boosters (boosters are on - see battery light is red)

This is how the lights should look. Red only = amps on, red and green = controller and amps on. Are you sure of the polarity of amps to controller/antennas? Amp output/input should be marked

Attachments

• 20180302_173335.jpg
    20180302_173335.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 456
  • 20180302_173550.jpg
    20180302_173550.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 437
Also, ensure cable polarity is correct (pin to hole). And when you installed the controller output cables, did the sma output connectors installed into controller housing wall get rotated in any way? Rotating as they are tightened can sever the center core wire in the cables.

I made this video showing what can happen when the internal sma connectors rotate and sever:

Reactions: Old Goat
I used boosters on my P3S .... and that's part of the reason it no longer flies ...

I had incredible range with it ... but one day - range and wind got the better of my battery and down she went ... in the river ... retrieved but DEAD !

So to OP ..... yes they are great ... they really help to keep good connection ... BUT PLEASE keep that eye on the battery level ....

On subject of power ... I used a 2S LiFe 1500mAh battery pack to power both my 2.4 and 5.8Ghz boosters ...

Nigel
On my first outing with Sunhans, almost repeated your experience. .5,088m distant ..was trembling for ten minutes hoping the copter would make it back to shore. Fantastic technology if you're careful

So the next relate question.If I don't turn the amps on because I am flying close does it have a by pass circuit to send the non amplified signal on to antenna.

So the next relate question.If I don't turn the amps on because I am flying close does it have a by pass circuit to send the non amplified signal on to antenna.
No it does not. you are good for around 50 ft or less. Beyond that it is a blind bat.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj