buy the Phantom 4 pro now or wait

Reaction score
I am really wanting a drone and looks like in 2 weeks I will get a paycheck and I will be able to buy one. Should I wait for the phantom 5, or just buy the 4 pro? Any rumors of dates or anything like that when the phantom 5 might be coming out?

Reactions: DiederikHarkema
I am really wanting a drone and looks like in 2 weeks I will get a paycheck and I will be able to buy one. Should I wait for the phantom 5, or just buy the 4 pro? Any rumors of dates or anything like that when the phantom 5 might be coming out?
Do you need one today? Get a p4p

Can you wait 3 weeks? Mavic 2 pro comes out and will rival image quality and features of p4p in s much smaller package at a better price.

Do you want the “best”? P5 should be out some time after summer (perhaps).

Edit: seems Mavic 2 might be delayed until June The DJI Mavic Pro II may be delayed until late spring

Last edited:
I love the P4P. No regrets here. The only down side vs. the Mavic is the size. My Mavic is almost always with me because of the convenient size. But with the smaller size it's less stable in the high winds.

Reactions: zachharmon
Any new DJI drone that's released will have issues that will take months to resolve. That's the pattern we've seen for years and I expect no change in this pattern anytime soon. That's exactly why I waited 6mos after P4P was released before I bought mine. The P4P is a good solid drone that has a 4+mile range and a great camera. Nothing else comes close to that.

You might wait for the Mavic2 to be released ONLY to see if it affects the P4P pricing. DJI has a pattern of lowering price on old models when new models are released. If the Mavic2 does in fact rival P4P camera-wise, I would expect the price on P4P to be lowered a little. However, we really don't know when Mavic2 will be announced. March is the rumor, but it's only a rumor at this point.

I am happy with P4P, significant upgrade to the P3P. The Mavic Pro is interesting, but the remote control I think is too small.

Reactions: Lefty63
I love my p4p+. The mavic air had just been released when I was making my purchase decision but I liked the better camera of the p4p+, it's proven track record, longer flight time and wider operating envelope (speed, winds, etc). Hard to say whether I would have waited had I known the mavic pro 2 was just around the corner. Still, I have the p4p+ now and I love it!

Without knowing exactly what the Phantom V will bring, tough call, I always like the latest greatest so if you can wait?

If not, the P4P is an excellent bird and is available as we speak.

Yes, however that would kill the Mavic pro sales stone dead. Should be called a Spark pro, but reviews are excellent.
Not really, it's also limited on flight time versus Mavic Pro. But your right, it shouldn't carry the Mavic name without Ocu-Sync IMO.

The MavAir also a much louder. You can't do things like this below, which was from a Mavic Pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lefty63
Yes but some may like the form factor of the phantom better. And hopefully it will receive a discount
If M2 has ocu-sync and 1" sensor, I would expect it to highly affect P4P sales unless the P4P price dropped considerably. It would be more portable with a good camera, compatible with DJI goggles wirelessly, and hopefully with 150mbps write speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomas Wangen
P5 should be out some time after summer (perhaps).

This has been in the "Rumor" stage for some time now? I've yet to see any confirmation from DJI on this. So far, the only signs have been hand-drawn sketches of what it might look like and chit-chat.

Reactions: Droning in AR

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor