Bummed. New P3A Crashed. Pls Advise

This looks very much like a physical loss of lift / stability i.e. something caused one or more propellers to stop generating sufficient lift. Anything more specific than that is more speculation than not.

To confirm this, there is additional data that we need. We have pitch and roll but I don't see commanded pitch and roll or stick pitch and roll. The comparison of actual, commanded, and stick is very important. If we see the FC attempting to correct external pitch and roll, then it's clear it is a loss of controlled lift event.

RC stick data is logged in the DJI pilot app (amongst others). Unfortunately the DAT converter doesn't have it 'yet'. I hope Bud is working on it!
Below is txt converted to comprehensive.csv.

I guess I can see a flight controller glitch potentially causing the result. But I would really expect that kind of flaw to be evident in the logs

You do know the a/c was flight flying straight when it began going down, don't you?

Yes.. why?
EDIT: Not actually strait. it was moving to the right. Nut it wasn't changing altitude.
Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This thread is 18 pages long. Can someone summarize the problem/solution?

It might be a while for those waiting on being able to extract stick control inputs and motor speed data from the .DAT file. I took a look at both of these yesterday and my standard bag of tricks didn't yield any progress. I'll be going to plan B, when I figure out what plan B is. :) I did uncover some issues that should be addressed before looking for more data.

A P3 spun down from the sky 3 minutes in, most likely from a prop coming off. Now the Geeks are interpreting flight data for related events.
Thanks for the update. I was wondering how the CSI investigation goes so far.

Looks like if there is a person who can solve this mystery, will win the "drone detective of the year" award :D

Approximately 80 percent of airplane accidents are due to human error (pilots, air traffic controllers, mechanics, etc.) and 20 percent are due to machine (equipment) failures.

Approximately 80 percent of airplane accidents are due to human error (pilots, air traffic controllers, mechanics, etc.) and 20 percent are due to machine (equipment) failures.
With drones, I would think pilot error would be even higher than that, due to the lack of training and knowledge of the aircraft. With regard to Phantoms, there appears to be a lot of folks flying these machines, that have little or no knowledge of an RC aircraft much less a drone.

Reactions: snerd
Thats because most of the mechanical errors are also pushed back to being the mechanic making a mistake. Or an inspector missing something. I took my job, and the lives that depended on that job, more seriously than my own life! Thats where the phrase- "I don't make mistakes, people die when I make a mistake"- comes from.

Compass issue tend to lead to an uncontrolled, ever increasing and accelerating, spiral that usually flies away to a point where it looses contact.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94