Bug in iOS Litchi orbit?

Height makes no diff. I did this at 15 ft and at 62 ft. I used large radius and small. The exact same mission on Go works. So whatever Litchi is saying (blaming DJI) is, IMHO, complete BS.

They need to suck it up and fix it or they can F.O. and I will move on to Autopilot (after I give them an honest review).
As you probably know, Autopilot uses its own custom flight controller, so performing a test with Autopilot should give you insight into the source of the issue (hardware, software, firmware, SDK, etc).

The exact same mission on Go works. So whatever Litchi is saying (blaming DJI) is, IMHO, complete BS.

They need to suck it up and fix it or they can F.O.
Seems bit of a harsh statement to make... Litchi is using the SDK/API published by DJI in the only way it allows for launching an Orbit mode - if DJI Go app doesn't exhibit the same results then it's not having to use the SDK/API in the way 3rd party developers are forced to (not uncommon with DJI).... and we know that Autopilot uses a custom controller and not the SDK/API so they are more likely to produce DJI Go type results in this case than Litchi...

Certainly nothing wrong with pushing a company to try and fix bugs when they have control to do so... but the DJI SDK/API is notorious for causing restrictions to 3rd party developers that the DJI Go app isn't faced with... The Litchi team has always been excellent at delivering new features and requested functionality or fixing bugs quickly when it's not caused by DJI SDK/API limitations... if it can be done, they'll do it (unless it requires them to create a custom controller functionality like Autopilot... that would be more expensive and take longer and create future issues)...

They did say that they are looking into this to see where the problem is and will work to fix it. They acknowledge the problem and I think in some way they will get it right. I've been mostly impressed with how they're handling things thus far.

Well folks, I'm going to have to eat a big helping of humble pie on this one.

Background. I'm doing a video diary of a big oak tree in the town where I live. I film it every two weeks and at the end of the year I'm going to splice all the good bits together to make a 'four seasons' clip of the tree.

I've been using the POI application on Go to record the clips since August last year. But it's a PITA having to set the POI manually each time to ensure that it's in the same place. Litchi looked like it would be ideal for me (except that I can't save the 'mission'). But I immediately noticed the focus point offset to the left like the OP @B- Scene Films.

I reported the issue to litchi and received the replies above. I'm in a hotel tonight with some free time and so I thought I'd make a comparison clip and send it to @Kaehn to show him what I meant.

However, reviewing the Go footage, it also appears to be focusing on the left too. So (swallowing hard) apologies to the Litchi guys. As with many things, this issue is pilot error. Well, DJI error to be more precise.

Here's a comparison clip.

Reactions: Wang J Coon
quick question as I just started playing with litch and autopilot. As well as the GO app.
I set settings in the GO app to Imperial. It then has settings for RTH altitude. It then says something like 50-500m. and has a box. When I enter a number say 100. Will that be 100 meters or 100 ft? (since I selected imperial?) is "500m just text as an example"?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj