Brighter screen on mobile device

Reaction score
I watch all these you tube vids with guys flying their drones in bright sunlight and they seem to see the screen fine on their mobile device. I have an ipad mini i use on my P3A and screen in the same conditions is barely visible if at all in bright sunlight with screen brightness on max on ipad's settings. One guy was using an ipod touch and again "seemed" to see his display just fine. Other than using a hood or goggles, are there mobile devices that stand out from the crowd when it comes to brightness?

I watch all these you tube vids with guys flying their drones in bright sunlight and they seem to see the screen fine on their mobile device. I have an ipad mini i use on my P3A and screen in the same conditions is barely visible if at all in bright sunlight with screen brightness on max on ipad's settings. One guy was using an ipod touch and again "seemed" to see his display just fine. Other than using a hood or goggles, are there mobile devices that stand out from the crowd when it comes to brightness?
Me too. I have tried Samsung S5, Sam Note 4 Note 5, LG G Stylo, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and probably a few more I can't remember that I have stomped to death or pitched overboard and I can not see any of them.

If anybody has a clear winner, let us know. I even looked up a Consumer Reports article on the most outdoor readable devices.

No screen is good in sunlight - with the exception of the new P4pro+ display and the yet to be released DJI Crytsalsky tablets.
You can check specs for screen brightness, the unit they use is nits.
The P4pro+ screen is 1000 nits, far beyond most tablets and phones.

Reactions: BenStein and Loz
No screen is good in sunlight - with the exception of the new P4pro+ display and the yet to be released DJI Crytsalsky tablets.
You can check specs for screen brightness, the unit they use is nits.
The P4pro+ screen is 1000 nits, far beyond most tablets and phones.

Quite right, of reference interest the new Apple Watch Series 2 displays are 1000 nits brightness too - I've had one a few months and you sure can see them in bright sunlight.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

He may have been using an iPad mini3 or 4 which have a special screen on them to reduce glare caused by sunlight ... Also just because it looked to be ok on the video doesn't mean that's what he was actually seeing, your watching his screen from the cameras eye which is gonna display the screen different than your own eye straight to the screen, so it may have "appeared" to look better than yours in sunlight when really it was most likely the same as yours, just the camera that was shooting the footage had a better view than your own eyes would... If you ever drive through a snow storm and can't see, pop your camera phone out and look through the phone. You will notice that the cameras eye sees better through the blizzard than your own human eye does... This is the same concept ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic