[MAJOR PROBLEM] CPU Fully Loaded - Can't Fly

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a ipad mini 3 and everything has been running fine until the latest DJI GO 4 update - it now pops up with the error "Mobile device CPU fully loaded" and starts to lose video feed + the screen turns green!

The iPad is burning hot and the outside temperature is 90+.

I am using a sun-shade hood & the iPad is not in direct sunlight.

For the past year I did not have a sun-shade and I would fly in direct sunlight with my CPU overload problems - but ever since I updated the DJI go app, I now can't fly!

My video feed is coming in at the lowest 4mbps.

I have turned off "video caching".

I have factory reset the iPad & turned it off before each flight.

Some people have suggested that we should sit in our cars with the AC cranked but this is not a viable option all the time.

It is basically the heat sink on the CPU can't handle the power of decoding the P4P image feed but I don't understand why it was working before perfectly fine, and now it can't handle it?

Why would DJI screw us over like this? Don't you think they should test the new firmware before bricking our birds??

Has anyone come up with a fix, or final explanation for the "mobile device cpu fully loaded" prompt and resulting video issues after the latest Go App update? My Phantom was working as it should just prior to the update. Now, I also have the prompt and video issue described by many others. Thank you.

I'm having the same issue as others in Mavic with this .
I have done two IOS updates and don't know if that is it .
As long as I have space in my mini I don't have the issue but fly out 3 or 4 batteries and then I see it .Clear my cashe and all is good again . I don't think it's the heat as where I am it's hot all the time . Well in the summer and I have a case on my mini 2 and have never seen this .

I'm having the same issue as others in Mavic with this .
I have done two IOS updates and don't know if that is it .
As long as I have space in my mini I don't have the issue but fly out 3 or 4 batteries and then I see it .Clear my cashe and all is good again . I don't think it's the heat as where I am it's hot all the time . Well in the summer and I have a case on my mini 2 and have never seen this .
Have you tried using perhaps an Android tablet? I have an Android tablet and never have any issues in my phantom 3 standard.

If I wasn't a Apple fanboy I would consider it :D
Don't get me wrong, I love apple products as I owned a 2010 MacPro, where I edit all my drone videos but I use an Android tablet because the one I bought have cellular and GPS integrated and cost me less than $100 bucks. Sometimes you have to save money!

Last edited:
Yeah I have celluar also and use it as much as I do my deck top .
Till I can catch up my funds for all I have already got I'm going to have to try and make due with what I got . Next thing will have to be a new PC . Can't even do 4K with what I got . I hate to even think what I have spent in the last 4 years .
But if ya wanna play ya gotta pay :)

Reactions: macoman
Does anyone recall if DJI provided a realistic explanation for the "Mobile device CPU fully loaded issue caused by the last update? The response I received, so far, was useless. Thanks.

Hi all,

I have a ipad mini 3 and everything has been running fine until the latest DJI GO 4 update - it now pops up with the error "Mobile device CPU fully loaded" and starts to lose video feed + the screen turns green!

For the past year I did not have a sun-shade and I would fly in direct sunlight with my CPU overload problems - but ever since I updated the DJI go app, I now can't fly!

Some people have suggested that we should sit in our cars with the AC cranked but this is not a viable option all the time.

It is basically the heat sink on the CPU can't handle the power of decoding the P4P image feed but I don't understand why it was working before perfectly fine, and now it can't handle it?

Why would DJI screw us over like this? Don't you think they should test the new firmware before bricking our birds??
Hi all,

Does anyone recall if DJI provided a realistic explanation for the "Mobile device CPU fully loaded issue caused by the last update? The response I received, so far, was useless. Thanks.
Been looking for that same explanation. When I go on the DJI Forum and ask all I get are a bunch of smart *** answers about must be my phone, I need to get and android, or I need to go into airplane mode. It has been several months now.... Not really counting on DJI to come through on this one.

Thanks for your reply.

So far, I've spoken with two "supervisors" at DJI. The first promised to help, but that was the last I heard from him. It was obvious the second was reading from a script. Twice he asked me to mail the Phantom and controller to DJI for troubleshooting; even though he'd previously agreed the issue was solely GO App/iPad related. One person with whom I spoke stated DJI has never heard of this CPU warning. Yet another admitted it happened with his Android phone. The ticket has since been escalated to the next level for troubleshooting. However, since purchasing the Phantom almost two years ago, two other issues were "escalated" and I've never received anything more about them, even after repeated inquiries. In my opinion, when DJI offers to escalate something, it's code for "we have no interest in your problem... go away".

With respect to "Not really counting on DJI", I suggest more people speak up and demand realistic/timely answers. In this particular case, the latest GO App update did not mention anything about the need to upgrade equipment due to increase CPU usage, if that is in fact a solution. I'm using an iPad Air (model prior to the Air 2) and it was, and still is, on the list of approved mobile devices for the Phantom 3 Pro. After downloading a CPU monitoring app, I noticed CPU usage going to 100% upon using the GO App, after the last update. Never had an issue beforehand. So far, a borrowed iPad Air 2 has worked perfectly. However, the thought of buying a new mobile device after spending 1,000's on DJI equipment is unsettling; especially without any verification of the problem from DJI.

Reactions: Allen B
Thanks for your reply.

So far, I've spoken with two "supervisors" at DJI. The first promised to help, but that was the last I heard from him. It was obvious the second was reading from a script. Twice he asked me to mail the Phantom and controller to DJI for troubleshooting; even though he'd previously agreed the issue was solely GO App/iPad related. One person with whom I spoke stated DJI has never heard of this CPU warning. Yet another admitted it happened with his Android phone. The ticket has since been escalated to the next level for troubleshooting. However, since purchasing the Phantom almost two years ago, two other issues were "escalated" and I've never received anything more about them, even after repeated inquiries. In my opinion, when DJI offers to escalate something, it's code for "we have no interest in your problem... go away".

With respect to "Not really counting on DJI", I suggest more people speak up and demand realistic/timely answers. In this particular case, the latest GO App update did not mention anything about the need to upgrade equipment due to increase CPU usage, if that is in fact a solution. I'm using an iPad Air (model prior to the Air 2) and it was, and still is, on the list of approved mobile devices for the Phantom 3 Pro. After downloading a CPU monitoring app, I noticed CPU usage going to 100% upon using the GO App, after the last update. Never had an issue beforehand. So far, a borrowed iPad Air 2 has worked perfectly. However, the thought of buying a new mobile device after spending 1,000's on DJI equipment is unsettling; especially without any verification of the problem from DJI.

I'm hoping to find a nice neck harness so I can use my new iPad Pro. Unfortunately, that option will also require the use of an external GPS for all the features. I have a Bad Elf Pro that I've used with an iPad mini (an older one that also gives the CPU warning". Maybe something like popcorn trays they use at the ballgame will work LOL! I'll let you know how it works! Thank you very much for your feedback.

Hi I'm New here. I had this issue with my phantom 3 pro. Im currently on the latest firmware and using iphone 6 and Ipad air. my phone would say it straight away cpu fully loaded picture was terrible frozen, Ipad air was ok for about a minute same thing device cpu fully loaded I have since done a complete restore on both devices plug into my mac didn't put any of my back ups back onto the phone or tablet set them up a new user installed only dji and litchi this has fixed my issues with the device cpu fully loaded I have just flown 20 mins on both and it didn't pop up at all and the picture is better not brilliant Hope this will help any others

Last edited:
Hi I'm New here. I had this issue with my phantom 3 pro. Im currently on the latest firmware and using iphone 6 and Ipad air. my phone would say it straight away cpu fully loaded picture was terrible frozen, Ipad air was ok for about a minute same thing device cpu fully loaded I have since done a complete restore on both devices plug into my mac didn't put any of my back ups back onto the phone or tablet set them up a new user installed only dji and litchi this has fixed my issues with the device cpu fully loaded I have just flown 20 mins on both and it didn't pop up at all and the picture is better not brilliant Hope this will help any others

I may try that. Thanks for the heads-up! I just can't dedicate my iPhone for flying however. I did load both Litchi and the DJI Go app on my new 10" iPad pro and I have zero issues and the video is strong with no loss of picture. I also purchased a Garmin Glo bluetooth GPS unit (about $85 on Amazon) as the pad does not have a GPS Unit. The Garmin is also a GLONAS GPS and it locates satellites in an instance. I now use my iPhone 6+ as a wireless hotspot for the pad also to keep the maps updated in real time. Working out great. The 10" iPad Pro will "just" squeeze onto the device holder in landscape orientation and it's light enough to not be an issue.

Hi all,

I have had same problems using iPad 3 am about to fully reset get rid off all useless apps and start again.. Hoping this works out.

I wonder if the same or similar code was used on the Go 3 for,Android. Lately video stability is horrible on my Galaxy Tab (E I believe). Did a factory reload, still issues. No CPU alerts though. Very unnerving to completely lose video or it freeze mid-flight. Even with VLOS, I need FPV for proper perspective.

I exclusively use my iPad pro now. It's working very well. I bought a Garmin Glo blue tooth GPS that I connect to the iPad and use the iPhone 6+ as a wireless hotspot so I the maps are updated and the DJI Go app can communicate. So with that item conquered, I still have to figure out what's going on with the camera. Still only able to get 960x720 pixels out of it. I read that the DNG Raw files will read that way and I need to "develop" the files. Even if I put the camera in JPEG mode or JPEG/RAW, I'm getting the limited resolution. I'm going out to look in other treads for a fix for that! Good luck with your app and the CPU issue!

Notice this message first time today. I tought it might be due to the fact I was using DRAW mode exclusively ? iPad mini 3 ,4 pro ver. 2.0

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4