P3 Std - Can't record - No Camera icon or menu appears on mobile device

I was wondering if the OP's GoApp was the latest version. I'd wager that some firmware versions and GoApp versions don't play well together. Probably designed that way by DJI. That's pure speculation on my part however.
My app reads 3.1.50. OP app is 3.1.59. I have not used that tablet in a while and as such I'm sure there is a pending update.

I also cross-checked the DJI board. Identical problem a couple of years ago. No solution found. The OP stopped responding to the DJI Admins.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Interesting note to all this; I found the OP has cross-posted to the DJI forum. What he failed to mention here is the fact that the menu does appear when he uses his Galaxy 8. The menu is there, but greyed out.

I thought the '+' was a beta test of the proposed firmware.
Could very well be, I just seem to recall the subject of what the + means, talked about here not to long ago. Something was said about when the firmware was installed, some chips on the board wasn’t completely flashed properly for some reason.
I’ll look back and see if I can find it.
Ya know, to much fresh air and not enough fishing, is detrimental to a persons memory ?

Back in August 1st 2019, quaddamage explains what the + means quite well. Some mismatched firmware versions on one or more components. It could even be a battery with a different firmware version. I found his post by doing a search about what the + means after firmware version.

Could very well be, I just seem to recall the subject of what the + means, talked about here not to long ago. Something was said about when the firmware was installed, some chips on the board wasn’t completely flashed properly for some reason.
I’ll look back and see if I can find it.
Ya know, to much fresh air and not enough fishing, is detrimental to a persons memory ?

Yep, know what you mean. I think my memory is slipping a bit too, but somehow I can't remember why? [emoji37]

Interesting note to all this; I found the OP has cross-posted to the DJI forum. What he failed to mention here is the fact that the menu does appear when he uses his Galaxy 8. The menu is there, but greyed out.

Interesting. I wonder if his GoApp version is the same on the Galaxy 8 as the others mentioned in this thread?

Thank you ALL for your weighing in trying to help me. I REALLY appreciate it.

I have used 4 different SD cards, no difference
I have reloaded DJI GO App several times.

Here is my Flight Status Screen. Does the "Gimbal Disconnected" message give a clue?

Drone Nerds thinks its my motherboard and wants me to send it in for repair. Not sure what to think of that - will the repair cost more than a new drone? And i have no original packaging to ship it it.

20200415_201621_resized.jpg

One other bit of evidence. I also fly it with my cellphone, a Samsung Galaxy S8. Again, i have reloaded the GO App several times.

On the Samsung, my camera screen and menu appear but shadowed in background and not operable to select. It is non-operational - just a background
Screenshot_20200323-212733_DJI GO.jpg
Screenshot_20200323-212752_DJI GO.jpg
icon that will not permit it to be selected.

One other bit of evidence. I also fly it with my cellphone, a Samsung Galaxy S8. Again, i have reloaded the GO App several times.

On the Samsung, my camera screen and menu appear but shadowed in background and not operable to select. It is non-operational - just a backgroundView attachment 118203View attachment 118204 icon that will not permit it to be selected.
A few more things you might try before sending it in.

1) swap batteries.
2) Re-Link the AC/RC
3) Disconnect/reconnect the cable leading to the gimbal.

My main (mother) board was replaced a couple of years back while still under warranty. I think the total value DJI placed on the job was around $500. Although I had original box, it needed to go into another box anyway. Just be sure the gimbal is secured and then stuff the box with whatever packing materials you can find.

Last edited:
Those styrofoam packing peanuts work well. They tend to settle during shipment to fill all the voids.

Not sure what part of the country you are in, but DJI Drone Service (DDS) in Hillside NJ does great work. Free inspection, plus free shipping BOTH ways.

Check out their website for more info. They'd be my first choice, with Drone Nerds second. Good luck. [emoji106]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik