P3 Std - Can't record - No Camera icon or menu appears on mobile device

Reaction score
Have flown many successful flights on my P3 Standard, but now as everything is green lights and ready to fly, there is no Camera record button/icon to hit to start recording. Does not appear on mobile device screen at all.

3 different mobile devices - 2 iPad Mini 2's and a Samsung Galaxy S8.

Have reloaded Go DJI App several times - no change.

Have tried to reload Firmware, but after 2-3 minutes, loading of Firmware via SD card stops and red only light blinks on gimbal.

Any help???

Thanks in advance

If I understand correctly, you have a camera screen, but no icon to take picture or start/stop video?

Have you gone into 'settings' and reset camera settings?

Forget the app for moment. You can fly and take video/photos without the app. Does it fly? Can you operate the camera from the controller?

Forget the app for moment. You can fly and take video/photos without the app. Does it fly? Can you operate the camera from the controller?

How do you start/stop videos or take a photo without the app? All I can do is pan the camera up or down with the r/c.

(Please be reminded, the OP has a P3 Standard, not a P4.)

I think the OP is flying ok, but his camera screen is missing the icon to take pics or videos.

Last edited:
How do you start/stop videos or take a photo without the app? All I can do is pan the camera up or down with the r/c.

(Please be reminded, the OP has a P3 Standard, not a P4.)

I think the OP is flying ok, but his camera screen is missing the icon to take pics or videos.
Yup, my bad. I just noticed he's got a P3S. Haven't flown mine in awhile and I've been spoiled flying my P3P which does support camera control from the controller

I don't know if there is an error code, so I'll try this on Wednesday with my P3S, but I wonder if the buttons are not visible without an SD card in the aircraft..

No problem. Maybe the OP can give us a screenshot of his GoApp screen so we can see what he is seeing.

Hopefully it is a quick fix on the app settings rather than a firmware issue.

Use another SD card possibly this. A screen shot from the App would be useful so we can see what you are seeing

Have flown many successful flights on my P3 Standard, but now as everything is green lights and ready to fly, there is no Camera record button/icon to hit to start recording. Does not appear on mobile device screen at all.

3 different mobile devices - 2 iPad Mini 2's and a Samsung Galaxy S8.

Have reloaded Go DJI App several times - no change.

Have tried to reload Firmware, but after 2-3 minutes, loading of Firmware via SD card stops and red only light blinks on gimbal.

Any help???

Thanks in advance
Sounds like you have a bad SD card. Hence the failed FW update and no camera controls onscreen. While I'm aware that my P3P works differently than the P3S, my screen shows camera controls but they are greyed out and useless with no SD card inserted.

20200318_175918_resized.jpg
Screenshot_20200323-212752_DJI GO.jpg
Screenshot_20200323-212752_DJI GO.jpg

As you can see, on my iPad Mini 2, there is no camera icon, no camera menu

Can still fly and get all good connections and signals from bird and RC.

In response to CaptainMileHigh's suggestion, how do i go into 'settings' and reset camera settings?

The camera menu above where the Record button should be located is also not appearing, Isn;t that the camera settings menu?

I'm at a loss here. The app tells you if no SD card. I wonder if the app thinks there is no camera attached?

I went through the app again and can't find anything that might be a clue.

Yep. I'm trying to troubleshoot it too. I use a IPad mini 2 also, so it looks the same as mine. He was all powered up (ready to fly) so the full camera menu should be there, and not grayed out.

If it’s even similar to a P3P, you should be able to tap on the green Ready to Go at the top of the screen and it will show whether it is detecting an sd card. Along with other aircraft information.

I powered up one of my P3S's in the house a few minutes ago and could not duplicate his screen. Even doing the swipe up or down to go to full screen worked as it should and the camera screen returned as normal.

I'll keep looking for a fix for BMac15's issues. Need to get that camera menu back somehow.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
The firmware seems up to date. Mine says 1.9.2.0+. Can't remember what the plus sign means. I wonder what happens with a different app. Any chance you want want to purchase Litchi and gave it a try? It might narrow down the issue. And just to be sure, this happened prior to the attempted update?

The firmware seems up to date. Mine says 1.9.2.0+. Can't remember what the plus sign means. I wonder what happens with a different app. Any chance you want want to purchase Litchi and gave it a try? It might narrow down the issue. And just to be sure, this happened prior to the attempted update?

I was wondering if the OP's GoApp was the latest version. I'd wager that some firmware versions and GoApp versions don't play well together. Probably designed that way by DJI. That's pure speculation on my part however.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic