brand new, how do I know if I need to update firmware

Reaction score
P3. just arrived trying to go through the steps to make sure firmware is updated, following instructions but not getting the series of beeps I am supposed to, does that mean the firmware is updated if I just got it? I have timed out 25 minutes twice and nothing happens at 25

Robert

Pull the sd card from the camera and put it on a reader and put it in your computer-- there is a txt message that will tell you whether it was successful.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
At first it said that. but I wasn't sure, then I tried again, and stopped it after 25 minutes it said "aborted" firmware is current or older than the version installed. After first attempt I tried to update controller and nothing happened

Looks like it was successful on your Phantom

Some time the controller wont read certain usb readers so- here is an alternate. Havent tried this but others on the forum have.

Here is an alternate way for the controller

Make sure the bin file is in the root directory and inserted into your camera base,You can plug the mini usb connection into your camera on the opposite side of the SD card and plug the usb into your controller. Power on the controller, power on the phantom and the firm ware should update the controller right from the camera base. give it about 15 minutes, probably wont take that long.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I'm having the same issue.
Brand new, never flown. Updated firmware on Phantom and the .txt file showed success.
then put USB reader into controller and the LED just stayed red and the .txt file read something like "abort on SD" (should've read it a bit closer)

Maybe I'll try the tip of connecting it to the Phantom rather than via a USB reader.
I assume I can use the short lead supplied with it?

I'm having the same issue.
Brand new, never flown. Updated firmware on Phantom and the .txt file showed success.
then put USB reader into controller and the LED just stayed red and the .txt file read something like "abort on SD" (should've read it a bit closer)

Maybe I'll try the tip of connecting it to the Phantom rather than via a USB reader.
I assume I can use the short lead supplied with it?
yes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.