Bought 2nd hand Phantom 3 Standard with no RC unit and charger

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Had a bit of a pour through the forums here, and exhausted what GoogleFu I have, so in short... I just bought a Phantom 3 Standard on eBay, and like a total pratt didn't read the little bit of a footnote that stated it excluded the RC unit and the charger...

Now I've found a few threads/videos/documentation on how to pair a new RC unit to the phantom manually, but nothing's actually clarified what RC units are compatible. May well be a total noob question, but are all compatible, or are there certain models of RC unit that only work with certain phantoms, and if there's multiple, what would people recommend for the Phantom 3 standard?

Also, I'm in the UK, and also not overly concerned with super quick charge times, but again, what charger should I go for (probably wouldn't mind grabbing an extra battery too)

Cheers,
Dan

are all compatible, or are there certain models of RC unit that only work with certain phantoms, and if there's multiple, what would people recommend for the Phantom 3 standard?
You can only fly the P3S with a P3S remote controller. You can buy one here from DJI or check eBay.

The remote controller can be charged with a micro USB cable. I normally plug my P3S remote controller into my computer to charge it. You could also use a phone charger like the iPhone wall charger.

Sounds like someone may be looking for a lost drone and the finder has sold it.

That thought had crossed my mind, except it came in (what I believe to be) the original box, with some extras (spare set of rotor blades and blade guards), so possibly just lost/broke his controller?

You can only fly the P3S with a P3S remote controller. You can buy one here from DJI or check eBay.

The remote controller can be charged with a micro USB cable. I normally plug my P3S remote controller into my computer to charge it. You could also use a phone charger like the iPhone wall charger.

Brilliant, thanks!

@dan1987uk,
Welcome to the forum!

I thought you needed a charger for the batteries, I totally missed that one.. :rolleyes:

Any P3 battery will work, don't take chances with aftermarket batteries, even originals can have issues.

I got a used P3A, came with two batteries labeled #2, #3, hum, They got issues. I wonder what happen to battery #1?
It must have worked.

I was testing one of the batteries, I wasn't trusting them, hovering about 2' over my grassy lawn. I was watching the battery details, full throttle up. The phantom didn't go up, lights went out and dropped to the lawn. :eek:
All was still good. :)

Rod

Check eBay for both the charger and controller. I had a similar scenario so I saved 25 dollars over buying from DJI for both items. I then bought a second battery for 76 dollars and its authentic DJI.

I have both , charger an a Rc with blueproton range extender. On my 2nd flight with the up grade,
Ac hit something.
How about $150 for both.
I'm at work if ya want to see pics, hit me up
@ [email protected]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl