Blurry photos

Reaction score
I bought my p4p because of the great things i had heard about the camera. My p3 camera takes better pics than this craft.
I am attaching a photo i took in my house
I should be able to zoom in and see the hairs in my wife’s nose but it’s super blurry
Can i get some feedback on this issue
Should i send it back to DJI?
This quality is horrible to try and sell to clients
HELP

Attachments

• 29B876A6-B62D-4E13-9C61-37C8F9DFA5F1.jpeg
    29B876A6-B62D-4E13-9C61-37C8F9DFA5F1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 424
I bought my p4p because of the great things i had heard about the camera. My p3 camera takes better pics than this craft.
I am attaching a photo i took in my house
I should be able to zoom in and see the hairs in my wife’s nose but it’s super blurry
Your P3 camera had a fixed-focus lens and needed no focusing.
The P4pro has a lens that focuses and you have to focus the lens on your subject for the image to be focused.
At close distances like your indoor shot, the lens won't be able to focus on close and distant subjects at the same time.
Can i get some feedback on this issue
Should i send it back to DJI?
No you should not send it back.
You should learn to focus it properly and get out of the living room and use it where everything in the frame is probably 30 ft or more from the lens.
This quality is horrible to try and sell to clients
Were you planning to be selling indoor photos from the Phantom or aerial images?

You would need a telephoto lens and better lighting to produce a nose hair image to your clients satisfaction from that distance.

The camera is probably fine. I wouldn’t expect better performance under those shooting conditions.

I’m not doing any indoor flying

I’ve tried to change settings but even outdoor it doesn’t seem very sharp

Focus pointers please

Also, make sure your settings (shutter, ISO, f-stop) are appropriate for the shot. Your indoor shot is underexposed as well as not focused. Maybe some of the forum folks that specialize in stills can give you some solid advice on both issues. You can also search this forum. I know just recently there was a fairly exhaustive discussion about proper settings for still shooting with the P4P. When everything is set up properly you will be much happier with this camera.

Reactions: Ripper7620

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues