Blown power connect board?

Reaction score
A client of mine and I custom mounted a FLiR Vue Pro to his Phantom 2: Zenmuse H4-3D. After numerous balancing issues we got the setup to function nicely.

The first few test flights went fine but on the most recent startup I got a miniscule puff of of smoke from the power con board mounted underneath the bird.

Upon immediate power down and a closer inspection it looks as if something on the power con board "popped" like friggen Pringles lid. (See attached) Everything else seems fine. Any thoughts guys?

Attachments

• 20160309_152801.jpg
    20160309_152801.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 749
That's an anti-interference board (analogue) used to minimise FPV static.
They are cheap and sometimes not required as you can plug the H3-3D directly from the main board to the gimbal. I'd suggest you get another as whatever you are doing, its causing a short out somewhere. The anti-interference board acted like a fuse and probably saved your main board from frying.

The AI boards are about $30.
DJI Zenmuse Gimbal H3-3D Part ZH3-3D-44 Anti-interference reinforcement board

That's an anti-interference board (analogue) used to minimise FPV static.
They are cheap and sometimes not required as you can plug the H3-3D directly from the main board to the gimbal. I'd suggest you get another as whatever you are doing, its causing a short out somewhere. The anti-interference board acted like a fuse and probably saved your main board from frying.

The AI boards are about $30.
DJI Zenmuse Gimbal H3-3D Part ZH3-3D-44 Anti-interference reinforcement board

Yeah I had a feeling a short was the culprit but I'm having a heck of a time tracking it down.

We're talking about a pretty standard p2 Zenmuse setup here except were running the flir cam and a set of KDE Direct motors and esc's.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20