Blinking grass and trees on 4K and FHD

The media player in windows is not very good, try VLC player, it's a free download and it works very well with all types of video formats. The flashing could be from your laptop that has a hard time or the player.
And also I was thinking what you said about my laptop having hard time or player.. so why it’s only that grass and high texture trees? Not people around or buildings or footpath..
On my TV looks like disco lights:)

The media player in windows is not very good, try VLC player, it's a free download and it works very well with all types of video formats. The flashing could be from your laptop that has a hard time or the player.
This VLC doesn’t work smoothly on my laptop so I tried any other and the same issue.
I have noticed that when I hover it’s not blinking/pulsing at all only when I move a bit any direction it’s pulsing green grass. Any suggestions? Is it something to do with camera lens?
I lower style to -2/-2/-1 and I get rig of pulsing trees for what I really thank you
Still grass and dark green leaves on the trees are pulsing and only when I move a bit. (4K/30 sh60 iso100 no nd filters)
Do you think nd filters can help with that pulsing effect? Before I buy all set what nd filter I should order first? And what company?
Many thanks

Try 2.7K and see if it helps. Seems like your video card may not be able to keep up.

Try 2.7K and see if it helps. Seems like your video card may not be able to keep up.

I tried today 2,7K and many many settings and looks like there is 3 settings which making that blinking/pulsing
1) too high shatter
2) too high contrast
3) and sharpness (the most important)
As you said in your first post the style settings need to be lower
Now m using:
(-3/-2/-1 if super sunny)
(-2/-1/0 afternoon)
(-1/-1/0 in the evening)
(0/0/0 at night)
and I didn’t get that much pulsing/blinking trees or grass
I tried to keep shatter low (60-100) and it was “ok” (98% no blinking trees)

I need to know if ND filters are also reducing contrast and sharpness a little bit ?!
If yes I’m going to get set of nd filters and I’ll get rig of that pulsing completely :)
Can you explain me how to use that filters (what filter in what situation - using filters is it all about keeping shatter twice then frames or you base on instagram to keep it out of overexposure, and that’s how you know what filter to use?
Also what are the best and not crazy expensive filters?

ND filters will only reduce the light coming in to the camera so to get a higher F stop value, this will reduce the shutter speed in high light situations and help attaining the 60 to 100 that's working for you. What works for me is a ND8 on sunny days over green (trees) 16 over water and snow. I don't have a 32 but that would be the best over snow. No ND filters when the sun is down. Search this forum for ND filter as some pilots here really know their filters and settings.

Reactions: Sebastian87
ND filters will only reduce the light coming in to the camera so to get a higher F stop value, this will reduce the shutter speed in high light situations and help attaining the 60 to 100 that's working for you. What works for me is a ND8 on sunny days over green (trees) 16 over water and snow. I don't have a 32 but that would be the best over snow. No ND filters when the sun is down. Search this forum for ND filter as some pilots here really know their filters and settings.
Thank you sooooooo much!

One more and probably last question regarding my issue. Did you had the same problem before? Is it all phantom cameras the same or I’m one of NOT many unlucky owner with this camera problem.
I was thinking to send it back to dji for replacement if normally there is no problem.

For me the only time that the pulsating on sharp edges was happening is when the settings were not -1(-2),-1,-1. I use VLC in my laptop witch is a good one and the image has very very few flashes, on my samsung TV there is a bit more flashing at times but it's still pretty good. More work in post editing could help you and you have to experiment to match what you are mostly watching it on.

For me the only time that the pulsating on sharp edges was happening is when the settings were not -1(-2),-1,-1. I use VLC in my laptop witch is a good one and the image has very very few flashes, on my samsung TV there is a bit more flashing at times but it's still pretty good. More work in post editing could help you and you have to experiment to match what you are mostly watching it on.

Fu..ck, fu..ck, fu..ck!!!!!!!
I’m getting tired with it..
I thought It’s ok now with all this settings I used like -2/-2/-1 but it was only lucky conditions where I haven’t that issue or it was much much better.
Today I went fly in very cloudy day just before the rain start so really not bright day. It’s funny but I lower style to -3/-2/-1 as I wanted to see if I don’t have that issue in this weather but there is a lot of this shity pulsing.
I see lesss issue then on style in -1/-1/-1 but still a lot on -3 sharpness??? This is ridiculous to spend £1000 and making not as good video as on my old iPhone camera. Why only this particular places are blinking and not all screen.. I cannot figure out and I’m so close to give up and send this TOY back to DJI toy makers.
I’m uploading this test video on YouTube so hopefully you can see the issue.

Fu..ck, fu..ck, fu..ck!!!!!!!
I’m getting tired with it..
I thought It’s ok now with all this settings I used like -2/-2/-1 but it was only lucky conditions where I haven’t that issue or it was much much better.
Today I went fly in very cloudy day just before the rain start and shoot the place I already did but I had a lot of this blinking. It’s funny but I lower style to -3/-2/-1 as I wanted to see if I don’t have that issue with the lowest sharpness AND ITS STILL FU..’n blinking a lot! WTF IS THAT?
With higher sharpness it’s visible as Fu..k but still blinking with the lowest sharpness and -2 contrast??? It’s ridiculous! I uploaded one of the test video I made yesterday so please have a look but pls watch on the laptop or pc so you can choose HD quality.

I’m watching on my phone and I cannot choose HD quality for some reason but as I said when I open this video on my laptop and choose the highest quality I can really see my issue there.

Also I added contrast on the GOapp so you can see more what’s the problem. It’s the same problem with settings -3/-2/-1

Erised you’re genius!!!
Problem solved!!!!
After looooong time fighting with that pulsing trees issue I tried to look to my TV and laptop as you advise me before.
I found that when I watched on my laptop only it wasn’t pulsing much or at all, only on TV.
Today I connected my laptop to TV again and used “Duplicate screen”
And the problem gone :)
When I connected as “extended screen” I had ‚disco flashing’

Thank you bro for helping solve the problem.
Yeeeeeey :)

Lower your iso settings, you can buy filters for your lense that will really make your videos come to life and will take care of the grainy vids

Lower your iso settings, you can buy filters for your lense that will really make your videos come to life and will take care of the grainy vids
Thank you for your support :)
I order Polar Pro 3 pack filters and cannot wait to try them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT