'Blinking' cache video - NVIDIA Shield and phone

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Over 150 hours of successful flights and recordings with P3P. Never had any problems with video files saved on microSD cards. Live FPV on tablet also looks good!
But ALL videos recorded in mobile devices' cache are... 'blinking'. I saw it before, but never used those files and didn't care... until yesterday, when I tried to stream on facebook for the first time. We could see same 'blinking' there!

So I tried to test everything...
1) I always use NVIDIA Shield that works great. Today I was also connecting my android smartphone. You can't see horizontal lines, but 'blinking' is still there.
2) I used several different USB cables - result was always the same.
3) The most important thing - I own two Phantoms 3 Pro. Tried 1) and 2) with both. Nothing helps.

You can watch results here:

Could someone tell me what may cause 'blinking' in videos recorded in mobile devices' memory?

Does anybody here use NVIDIA Shield? Can you check if footage in your device look similar?

Or... am I just crazy and it's just standard quality for wirelessly transmitted video?

What is your transmission quality set at? The lower the setting, the worse the "cache' video will look, but you'll be able to fly farther. I have a Nvidia Shield, but I rarely look at the cache video anymore. Sometimes I'll use a screen capture app to record the tablet view, but recently I haven't a need to do that anymore and just use the video from the SD card.

171733fu0xf0umtqdhu0ur.png

It doesn't look like a simple problem with 'quality'.
I've just tested recording with max 10Mbps setting. It didn't help.

Could you send any video from your Shield? I would like to compare...

My cache video had the rolling effect too. But after uploading to YouTube, it doesn't look as dramatic. Again, I normally don't look at these cache videos.

Thank you!
Conclusion: video can look bad, recorded by my phone looks as it should. But there's something wrong with my Shield.
BTW great place to fly you've got there ;)

Reactions: RadRich

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj