Birdside Antenna Mod

It is worth a try, I doubt there will be a huge improvement. But who knows. You could be surprised.
The Controller antennas are pretty good.
What do the original bird side antennas look like.

It is worth a try, I doubt there will be a huge improvement. But who knows. You could be surprised.
The Controller antennas are pretty good.
What do the original bird side antennas look like.
It's in my pics I posted its the original oem p3 antennas.

Outside of the plastic, what does the actual antenna look like?

IMG_0571.JPG
Outside of the plastic, what does the actual antenna look like?
I can not separate this antenna just cut it off and solder the RC antennas.

Little offtopic but not much.. i'm looking new birdside-antennas for my current build, i have maxxrange panel on the RC side. I would like to use just the plin antennas as landing gear, similar to this drone:

HANGZHOU HIKROBOT TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD.

Hoping that some antennaguru chimes in to advice good ones to use with my project. I will mount the compass elsewehere. Around 14-16cm lenght would be ideal, lightweight, +6dBm.

cf-frame2.jpg

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
Do you think it would be possible to replace the inside antennas on the P3S with the in leg antenna for the P3P, i have some extra P3P legs and found the antennas online for $3 my P3S internal antenna has had the connections ripped off.

Do you think it would be possible to replace the inside antennas on the P3S with the in leg antenna for the P3P, i have some extra P3P legs and found the antennas online for $3 my P3S internal antenna has had the connections ripped off.
I am not familiar with P3S but s long as the antenna that is used is compatible.ie 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz.upgradeing antennas not a problem.

I am not familiar with P3S but s long as the antenna that is used is compatible.ie 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz.upgradeing antennas not a problem.

Thanks, I currently have a setup like this

25b5c4bb9a22c298562e85e965d045bb.jpg

And want to make it a little cleaner should be able to just connect the 2.4ghz phantom 3 pro leg antennas.

The P3S uses these...http://www.dronenerds.com/media/pro...-4g-antenna-standard-cp-pt-000284-dji-3f4.png On both the R/C and A/C I do not think... The P3P ones would be of any help at all.. This is what your P3S needs!!! LOL
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• 20161029_200510.jpg
    20161029_200510.jpg
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 305
IMG_0579.JPG
IMG_0578.JPG
IMG_0576.JPG
Antenna mods are done!! Take your time it's not that bad.with a little patience getter done.tested it works better than stock dji antenna!!

Attachments

• IMG_0577.JPG
    IMG_0577.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 467
Last edited:
View attachment 77528 View attachment 77527 Antenna mods are done!! Take your time it's not that bad.with a little patience getter done.

thats looking nice Silverwingflinx .. ive been following this, i think its a good mod and probably get better signal, cheaper. I'm very curious how it works .. i wish there was a quick/easy way to field test the difference, maybe with two phantoms. You've got me wanting to source another set of antennas to try it (i have one extra set right now). My only question is, is that the ones on the bird are numbered .. is that just length of cable, or is there a reason for that numbering .. is there a specific order, etc? They all look exactly the same and antenna principles shouldnt change but curious.

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
thats looking nice Silverwingflinx .. ive been following this, i think its a good mod and probably get better signal, cheaper. I'm very curious how it works .. i wish there was a quick/easy way to field test the difference, maybe with two phantoms. You've got me wanting to source another set of antennas to try it (i have one extra set right now). My only question is, is that the ones on the bird are numbered .. is that just length of cable, or is there a reason for that numbering .. is there a specific order, etc? They all look exactly the same and antenna principles shouldnt change but curious.
Yes they are numbered 2 long Cables go to the front but tricky wiring under light bridge, 2 short the mod went better than I thought easy to do.just keep it in order when u put it back together,but you can always look at your other p3 to get it right.but I don't think it will matter RC and lightbridge probably uses all antennas equally in retrospect(just guessing).and yes I can not do a field test yet that's my old bird the one that the eagle attacked it works for now and nothing blew up video is great.but it is working yea!! thanx Digdat0.

Last edited:
Reactions: Digdat0
IMG_0578.JPG
so yes this mod is working,this is good news now I need to fit this antenna mod into my other working flyable P3 that's a 2 hour job yet to be done.wish everyone great success if you try this mod.fly high fly safe.

Last edited:
Reactions: KennethMcNutt
IMG_0578.JPG
Ok so here is an update! Image transmission signal (i.t.s) on Dji app is higher.channels 1to20 working extremely well,have even more green bars spiking higher on the lower channels then b4,so in conclusion higher DB signal! But yes bench test results the same receiving strong interference from wifi router in my house.sorry guys I had said there was no interference when I first tested!! The I.T.S signal has improved over my stock P3,going by what my HD graphics tell me.

Last edited:
Reactions: HWCM and rulppa

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic