Birdside antenna mod version 2.0.

dumb question i know..but the diploes that you are changing out..these connect to the gimbal board where the black and grey wire connects for antenna? and you dont open the birds body correct?

dumb question i know..but the diploes that you are changing out..these connect to the gimbal board where the black and grey wire connects for antenna? and you dont open the birds body correct?
On the phantom 2 . The dipole antennas connect to the receiver inside the drone. Yes you have open the drone.

Last edited:
on post 3 or so it says you dont have to open bird to replace dioples,if you dont have to open up the bird.where does these wire plug into i was told they dont plug into the gimbal board..unless i was on wrong forum.need to this site and new to drones.

on post 3 or so it says you dont have to open bird to replace dioples,if you dont have to open up the bird.where does these wire plug into i was told they dont plug into the gimbal board..unless i was on wrong forum.need to this site and new to drones.

They go into the gimbal board on a p3s
And in my experience it didn’t work I kept getting compass errors I even switched out the the compass from the pro to see if that made a difference but no and by the way the compass from the pro fits the std and does work with the std antennas only hope this helps pal oh and sorry dude if your modding it you can float them round but if you won’t to be pro then take the lid off but if you are wonting to replace stock dioples you will still need to take her apart to do a proper job

I love my homemade dipoles, but I always have to tinker. I put antennas from a Professional/Advanced on to my Standard. It is VERY cold and windy out today.... so I only took it to 4000 feet and back. Then hovered overhead and took some great sunset pics. Video signal was excellent. I'll get a true distance test when it warms up a bit. This was more of a let's see if it even works test. Also, I left my other mod (dipoles) in place for now, just not hooked up. I don't want to undo all of that and then have to put it back.

I did them opposite the 5.8ghz...

EDIT : (9/27/2017) THIS IS ONLY FOR THE 2.4ghz SIGNAL. The 2.4ghz signal is your video feed. This does NOT replace your 5.8ghz antennas. The 5.8Ghz signal is for your control. Hope this clears up some confusion.

See post #7 on how to install. You DO NOT and SHOULD NOT need to take the lid off of the bird.

Front/Left

View attachment 77613

And Right/Rear

View attachment 77614

Yes, I'll grab some white zip ties, so that it blends in a little more. LOL
This maybe just adding another log on the fire but has any one tried the P3 4K antenna's on the P3s. My under standing is it is using both 2.4 and 5.8 ghz. Might be a clean install with landing gears and better signal on both sides.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik