Best Waypoint Mission Planning and Flying Software Tools

Reaction score
I would like to fly my P4Pro to a specific GPS coordinate, which is obtained in advance without a prior flight or physical visit. Once I get there, regain manual control and fly around via goggles, etc, taking still photographs.
Then RTH one way or another.

I would like to generate the flight program on a Windows machine, and then execute the flight on an IPAD 4 mini using DJI GO.

I have Litchi but never really learned it. I looked at Red Mission Planner and Drone Harmony, but they run on Android. I dont like to fly on my Android devices.

I suppose I could install an Android simulator on Windows, but, what a pain.

Drone Deploy did a nice multi-platform job, but, unaffordable past the trial.

Any ideas very much appreciated.

You should take a few minutes, watch videos on Litchi waypoint missions and the answer should be apparent. Litchi waypoints work great and the location is easily located on the map making a flight there automatic. Then you can pause the mission or discontinue it, fly manually to get your photos then RTH. It sounds like a good mission.. Post your results here for all to see. Good luck!
Jim
WA5TEF

I would like to generate the flight program on a Windows machine, and then execute the flight on an IPAD 4 mini using DJI GO.
Litchi will do that nicely for you.

The issue with Litchi is that I an not practiced in FLYING WITH LITCHI although I am quite comfortable with DJI GO. They may be similar, but I bet they are not the same.

Everything is fine until something goes wrong, and then you better be familiar with your flight software ...

Reactions: OOO
The issue with Litchi is that I an not practiced in FLYING WITH LITCHI although I am quite comfortable with DJI GO. They may be similar, but I bet they are not the same.
They are more similar than you may think. Other than a few maintenance portions than you need from GO, most of the other operations are very similar. But you asked for another platform, am I mistaken? You mentioned a few in your post. This is just suggestional. You would need to learn another platform anyway, whichever way you decide.

Based on my experience it's my opinion that you should look no further than Litchi for pre-planning flight missions. If I am flying completely manually, I use Dji-Go. But for pre-flight planning and autonomous missions it's ALWAYS Litichi. I do use the Drone Deploy app for mapping type missions though. But with Litchi, yes, you can plot that coordinate and it will fly right to it. You could even set it up to take the pictures for you while it's there if you want. I would do that part manually though. But yeah, seriously, follow what everyone else is saying, get on Litchi and play with it for a couple hours, you will not regret it. I also sometimes use it to mark out an area around a property or subject area so when I'm flying manually I can see where I'm at in the subject area. But when you get into the Litchi system and figure out all of the different settings you can do for autonomous missions vs Dji Go and other apps it will blow you away.

Based on my experience it's my opinion that you should look no further than Litchi for pre-planning flight missions. If I am flying completely manually, I use Dji-Go. But for pre-flight planning and autonomous missions it's ALWAYS Litichi. I do use the Drone Deploy app for mapping type missions though. But with Litchi, yes, you can plot that coordinate and it will fly right to it. You could even set it up to take the pictures for you while it's there if you want. I would do that part manually though. But yeah, seriously, follow what everyone else is saying, get on Litchi and play with it for a couple hours, you will not regret it. I also sometimes use it to mark out an area around a property or subject area so when I'm flying manually I can see where I'm at in the subject area. But when you get into the Litchi system and figure out all of the different settings you can do for autonomous missions vs Dji Go and other apps it will blow you away.

ok, I have a purchased copy of Litchi, and I might as well blow the dust off and hope for the best. Thank you all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj