Best way to manage and care for P3 batteries

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Has anyone heard of the Telesin Discharger for DJI Phantom 3 Battery? I often find myself sometimes going a week or more (unintentionally) without flying and keeping my batter fully charged. My hope is this Discharger works. So far it looks good. Tell me do you agree with this?

Why buy a device that provides functionality that's already built into the battery?

You can set the batteries to self-discharge to an ideal state after a certain number of days. I think it's set to 10 days by default. Connect your controller, aircraft and smart device and go into the Go app and set it to a lower number of days. Two to three days seems to be what most people around here use.

You'll need to do this with each battery you own.

Why buy a device that provides functionality that's already built into the battery?

You can set the batteries to self-discharge to an ideal state after a certain number of days. I think it's set to 10 days by default. Connect your controller, aircraft and smart device and go into the Go app and set it to a lower number of days. Two to three days seems to be what most people around here use.

Or even better, only charge your batteries to 50% until the day you fly and if conditions turn bad after charging fly the AC really close until it is down to 50% or if conditions are impossible try your flight sim for a while (although it does take a fair while to use the top half of the battery on the sim).

I have noticed when using the flight simulator for extended time , battery temp gets pretty high without air flow. Now I hover in the yard to drain. I'm more careful about charging/ planning flights than I used to be.

Good advice, yeah, I just learned about that. Go figure. I just got a second battery (second non DJI) my hope that feature will work with it too. Good advice.

Reactions: Mr. Salty
I found it hard to find Telesin replacement bulbs. Common hardware stores have similar ones, but they don't have much draw. Takes around twice as long to do a 50% discharge compared to the bulb that came with the Telesin.

I found and ordered these, and they work great!

CEC Industries #787 Bulb 6 V, 10 W, G4 Base, T-2.25 shape (Pack of 2) CEC Industries #787 Bulb 6 V, 10 W, G4 Base, T-2.25 shape (Pack of 2) - - Amazon.com

I should pay mire attention to mine as well. I typica.lly always charge mine after each flight. (3 of them). I always want ready on the fly. My schedule always changes, a 6 year old daddy's girl and unpredictable Miami weather and have to take advantage of every chance I get. I will go in and set the discharge for 2-3 days.
What about remote? I always tend to charge fully even when plenty charged.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl