BEST SD CARD TO BUY

Reaction score
whats the best sd card to buy size and brand ?i bought a 64gb card but every time I go up and record .the video either stops recording or never starts .but 16gb card that came with p3a works fine please help.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

whats the best sd card to buy size and brand ?i bought a 64gb card but every time I go up and record .the video either stops recording or never starts .but 16gb card that came with p3a works fine please help.
Buying a faster, more expensive card won't do much for you.
The speed bottleneck is the Phantom itself.
As long as you have a card that meets spec you're good to go.
Supported SD Card Types Micro SD - Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required

So many people get dazzled by the (not always true) idea that bigger, faster, more expensive = better
Sometimes good enough is good enough

I can't see the point in 64 GB cards either.
Do you want to store the work of many flights on one card and keep sending it out and risk losing it all?
My preference is a number of 16 GB cards in different colours so I don't get them mixed up.
i-GdPnCkp-M.jpg

Writing speed of the card is very important for use on P3 for recording. You should check a mark of Class 10 ( number 10 in C) or UHS I (1 inside U). Also go for 64GB from a reputed manufacturer like Samsung, Lexar, SanDisk, Silicon Power, SONY...
You can buy still higher speed cards but they will be expensive.

There are lots of fake cards available in the market, so be careful in buying them.

I have many Lexar 633X 64GB cards and they work well.

Reactions: NewbNation
4b9187ba679bcb63c94651f9ae9c3d06.jpg
this is the card I'm having problems with .i got the 64gb for when I take the p3a out of town for a few days but I'm having nothing but problems from this one and would like to know of a good one to buy

Same as what I have. Have you done a long format on the computer to make sure its clean?
I know the fat32 on smaller cards is what works without issue for updates.
Maybe someone can offer better knowledge to using exFAT for the larger cards

And u havnt had any problems with it? I have not did a long format

While any class 10 memory card should technically work, nobody has ever complained about the performance when using any of the memory cards from this list. I like to use memory cards that have a higher write speed since they transfer data to/from my computer faster.

none of the ones for prime day would meet 4k standards for write speeds, everyone on that list is a 90+ write speed

Reactions: JonEQuest
You definitely don't need a memory card that writes at 90+ MB/s to shoot 4K video. DJI ships memory cards that only write at 40MB/s.

That makes sense since that memory card only writes at about 15MB/s.

I looked at the card that came with the p3 and bought the same thing in 32GB. Works great. I think 2 32gb cards is a better option than 1 64gb card.

Reactions: PunaPhantom
Same as what I have. Have you done a long format on the computer to make sure its clean?

4b9187ba679bcb63c94651f9ae9c3d06.jpg
this is the card I'm having problems with .i got the 64gb for when I take the p3a out of town for a few days but I'm having nothing but problems from this one and would like to know of a good one to buy

The 64GB Sandisk that works with our Phantoms is model #:
SDSDQUAN-064G-G4A (Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 64GB UHS-I/Class 10 Micro SDXC Memory Card With Adapter- SDSDQUAN-064G-G4A [Old Version]: Computers & Accessories)

The 64GB Sandisk that doesn't format with our Phantoms is model #: SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010Q588D4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are the two cards I own. The one that works is the "old" version, bought in late 2014.
The "new" version, bought in Nov. 2015, wouldn't format in the Phantom, but works great in my Tablet! Looks just like the one in your picture.

Great. That is the exact card I have. I bought one from Amazon a few months ago. It seems to work OK but I notice the HD video playback on my 2 PC's is jerky. I thought it was my PC's which are a few years old, maybe it is the card dropping frames?

Sandisk extreme 64gb records, plays and works superb in my P3P, always record in 4k too.

+1

THANKS guys for all the responds ,so much help .love this forum

So, I want to add my 2 cents, since I just got off the phone with Sandisk. The recommended card for our purposes is the Sandisk Extreme High Endurance. There are faster, but you void the warranty on the disk if you even place it in the machine. I had bought an Ultra XC, that never worked no matter how I formatted it, despite having the exact same one that is fine. This is why I called Sandisk. They said that this card is not for cadcams or drones.

Again, Sandisk recommends the Extreme High Endurance for our purposes.

Happy Recording,
Janel

Reactions: Texacola

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj