Best range mod?

So pretty much nothing meaning magic power does not effect/enchant DBS

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The brand name of the antenna has nothing to do with Magicpower. It's the fact that you live in the US and that your transmitter is already set at maximum output power, 27dbm.

Bought a phantom 4 pro and purchased the parabolic antenna range boosted. flew it out over the water and got about 2.5 miles. Brought it back because i got scared of the battery. I did buy me an FPVLR boosted antenna last week and installed it. Based on what i've seen its supposed to be the best one out there. Obviously other people have their opinions and they are entitled to it. Since i work with radars it understood the logic behind the orientation of the polarized antennas which is why i purchased it. I suggest looking at youtube videos to see the difference between them all to see which one you like best. good luck.

I just added the dbs itelite to my P3 standard and I'm getting scary long distances, even over wifi infested areas. It extends both wifi and control signals. Looking at your pics I'm thinking you will get full range from the DBS.

Install took me an hour from layout to clean up.

I give 5 out of 5 stars for the DBS itelite range extender.

Last edited:
Yes I get great range with my stock antenna but if you go look at the pics above you can see the fields are well over 2,000 feet

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
2000 feet? Ppppfft. No problem. That is less than 700 meters. My stock P3S in an open field gets well over 1200 meters (about 4000') I exceeded that distance with a windsurfer but chickened out before I lost signal.

I ordered these lfa Antennas and they'll get here TODAY...
Bad news is the needed Cables won't get here from CA until...
OMG I just checked Tracking and THEY'll be here TODAY also = WhooHOOO!!!
People have been posting Great Results with this mod...
Yes they are a self-install but I'm OK with that...
I was going to try the ARGtek (mainly because of price) but again, people have posted Great results and I'll have less than $50 in this Mod... Go to Richard's YTube channel where he has a installation video also = very clean looking install...
I don't want to X my carry-handle, plus I'll be mounting my WiFi higher than he did (so they aren't aiming down like his are)...
WILL post my result ASAP because my P3 has had Very Limited Range where I fly = SUCKS (Sig gets weak past 12-1,300Ft so Max I have flown so far is only 1,600-ish Ft.) :(

Impressive!

So these antennas don't come with cables? Where did you find them in Cali?

Last edited:
The brand name of the antenna has nothing to do with Magicpower. It's the fact that you live in the US and that your transmitter is already set at maximum output power, 27dbm.
I always thought 2.4 was set to 20db in FCC zones, I was totally wrong this whole time LOL

Got em, and the seller happens to live about 100 miles from me. :)

Anyway... I just added the itelite DBS two weeks ago and so far I'm pretty pleased with the results although if I can get more distance with the Alpha set up I'm all about that for sure!

Today I'm headed to some major open country to do a few long distance runs with the DBS, then once I install the Alpha I'll do a few of the exact same runs for comparison. I'll post my results.

Great find btw, if I can get even 10,000 feet of distance I'll be happy. His 14k is remarkable!

Btw, have you seen the update on Richards YouTube vid? He says he opened up the APA-M25 and one of the APA-M04's and found the M25 should have the Alpha logo facing the aircraft and the logos on the M04's should face away from the aircraft, so in the opening of his vid the M04's are backwards.

Got em, and the seller happens to live about 100 miles from me. :)

Anyway... I just added the itelite DBS two weeks ago and so far I'm pretty pleased with the results although if I can get more distance with the Alpha set up I'm all about that for sure!

Today I'm headed to some major open country to do a few long distance runs with the DBS, then once I install the Alpha I'll do a few of the exact same runs for comparison. I'll post my results.

Great find btw, if I can get even 10,000 feet of distance I'll be happy. His 14k is remarkable!

Btw, have you seen the update on Richards YouTube vid? He says he opened up the APA-M25 and one of the APA-M04's and found the M25 should have the Alpha logo facing the aircraft and the logos on the M04's should face away from the aircraft, so in the opening of his vid the M04's are backwards.
I didn't know that so Thank You for the heads up...

I'm currently researching best mod as well. This topic is unfortunately beaten to he'll here. At this point I feel like there should be a sticky thread dedicated to this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: KCadby
I'm currently researching best mod as well. This topic is unfortunately beaten to he'll here. At this point I feel like there should be a sticky thread dedicated to this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using PhantomPilots mobile app
Keep an eye on this Alpha mod for sure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl