Best Ortho Map hosting service

Reaction score
Greetings - I'm looking for a simple way of uploading Orthomosaic JPG's (500-1,000 images) to an online hosting site so clients can view their maps (free or a modest license cost). Just scratching the surface on this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I would rather NOT use MME or a service that requires a monthly fee. Just hosting and viewing.

I can always stitch the files and send them to the client in a zip folder to view locally from a PC usiing Google Earth, but would rather a shareable link that sources the map online.

Thanks in advance...

I was looking at maptiler as I replied to this coincidentally!

The problem I instantly had was, I downloaded the desktop tool so I could upload a map and it said it was too large for the free version.

Instant fail :(

Most hosting sites that can handle the storage or larger files and the bandwidth to deliver them are going to have some type of monthly fee as they should. It's just part of doing business.

None of the rest of us want to work for free :)

Most hosting sites that can handle the storage or larger files and the bandwidth to deliver them are going to have some type of monthly fee as they should. It's just part of doing business.

None of the rest of us want to work for free :)
Definitely! It's just trying finding that balance of keeping the outgoings low whilst you're in the half way zone :p
Gotta spend money to make money I guess though.

Reactions: BigAl07
@Kristina Fowler Dennis explains a workflow for you to be able to host your own ortho tile sets.

It involves a little command line work but not too much. And it's a free solution. You pay for your own hosting of course.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@Kristina Fowler Dennis explains a workflow for you to be able to host your own ortho tile sets.

It involves a little command line work but not too much. And it's a free solution. You pay for your own hosting of course.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That looks absolutely spot on Dave!

Thanks for sharing that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.